We've always stayed at Langham Place at Mongkok when we visit Hong Kong.
This time, we decided to stay at holiday inn golden mile because of the large room. The kids have grown up and we needed more space.
First impression of the hotel when we stepped into the lobby was that, it is tired, dated and somewhat cold.
The rooms gave us the same feeling too. It can certainly do with a refresh. There was no view to speak of. Our windows faced a block of flats. It was so close we could almost look into the flat! We kept the curtains closed all the time.
Looks aside, the room is very spacious and functional. It had everything from an iron to ipod dock and even an international adapter. For the tv addicts, there is a very good selection of cable channels.
Wifi works wonderfully eveywhere in the hotel. The connection was stable and did not drop even when the session was inactive. Throughout our stay, we only had to login once.
Location- we love how convenient the hotel is. The mtr station is literally at the doorstep (use exit N5). Food and shopping aplenty. It's a short 5 mins walk to a very good and highly rated chinese restaurant - Spring deer - along Moby Road.
Breakfast spread was superb! There was something for everyone. The only let down is the breakfast service team. There is a lack of attention - some items were not replenished until the staff were told. No smiles and some even looked disgruntled and complained about their colleagues openly and loudly.
We also dined at Osteria which serves excellent Italian food. The pork chop was especially good! We overheard the diners at the next table complimenting the dish as well.
Overall, the experience was pleasant but nothing exceptional. I'll consider staying here again only because of the location and large room. If room size is not an issue, I'll definitely choose Langham Place over Holiday Inn Golden Mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong