We stay at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile when we’re in Hong Kong before and after visiting China. Upon arrival at Hong Kong International Airport, we take the Airport Express to Kowloon Station (70 HKD pp each way). From Kowloon, there are free buses to many of the downtown hotels including the Holiday Inn Golden Mile. They run about every 12 minutes. When you depart from the hotel, just reverse the process.
Hong Kong has a great metro system and is reasonably priced (the fare depends on how far you travel). The Holiday Inn Golden Mile is just across the street from a metro station. If you stand in front of reception, turn to your right and go out the side door to the street. Cross that street at the light and you will come to a building with a couple of escalators. You go down two escalators and you’re in an underground passage that leads to the metro. By the way, at the first level down there is a great grocery store that sells a full selection of foods and fresh produce as well as beer and wine.
The Holiday Inn Golden Mile is a beautiful property. However, in Hong Kong, all nice hotels are expensive. If you want to have breakfast and/or internet access, make sure it’s included in the room rate you book. The HI is convenient to all of Hong Kong due to its accessibility to the metro. Also, its location makes transit to/from mainland China easy as you can either use the MTR train to reach Guangzhou or the metro to reach Shenzhen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong