3,116 results
All reviewsnathan roadmtr stationexcellent locationihg membertwo double bedsexecutive clubtsim sha tsuiwalking distancenathan rdrooftop poolchungking mansionsconvenient locationbuffet breakfastexecutive floorshopping districtan upgradehandy phone
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Having been to Hong Kong for many times (3 trips this year), I have never expected myself to be staying right in the middle of the action...right along Nathan Road!!

Having passed by the hotel several times in my past trips, I have never took notice of this hotel as it is kind of housed in surrounding buildings. First of all, the hotel is old but decently kept. By any standard, the room of the hotel is one of the biggest I have seen in Hong Kong and it is spacious. Check in was a breeze considering they have several counters for that.

On the whole, the hotel gave me a feeling done it has been around for some time but this is not an issue because in Hong Kong, one hardly stays in the room!! The location is superb as you are practically in the midst of action with less than 2 minutes to the MTR station and also short walking distance to Habour City.

Due to the size of the room, somehow I have a very comforting feeling which is mainly because most rooms in hotel is extremely compact, and this hotel room is huge.

Another first for me is to have breakfast in hotels in Hong Kong Due to the choices of food in Hong Kong, I have never chose a package inclusive of breakfast but this time round, the room came with breakfast so I must say the experience is new as well. However perhaps again as possibly I am not interested in the food at the hotel, it does not entice me. However, from a perspective of a frequent business traveller, the choice is good :-)

1  Thank The_TravellerSg
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have just returned from a business trip to Hong Kong and have stayed at this hotel a number of times. The location is excellent with an underground train station directly outside the front door and the Star ferry within easy walking distance. The staff were friendly and helpful and the bedroom and clean and everything worked. I would be happy to stay here again any time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Perfect location close to harbour, heaps of shops, restaurants and MTR station. Great staff. Excellent selection of food for breakfast with chefs available to cook special orders. Big, clean rooms. Good rooftop pool with friendly attendants. Very reasonably priced room service. Helpful concierge. Nice bar with happy hour.

If you want mid-range accommodation right in the heart of Kowloon, this is the place. We spent a week there in August with our two kids and were more than satisfied with the whole experience. We'd go back in a Hong Kong minute!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had doubts about booking here as it had not been possible to get 2 adults and 2 kids booked into a 2x double bedded room on room only basis. The maximum occupancy being stated as 3. In the end I risked it and the hotel did not say anything on arrival and even provided 4 drinks vouchers.

The lobby is large and welcoming but the room we had on the 15th floor was tired and very very small. It did however suit us for the 2 nights. Status was recognised but there was no upgrade, no breakfast and no Internet until we asked, at which point Internet access was given.

I remain  firmly of the view that wi if Internet access today  should be included in all hotel rates. It is now an essential requirements rather than some luxury add on.

The following morning we went to have breakfast however the buffet would have set us back over $110 USD for 4 and the was not going to happen. My kids eat little and there is no kids eat free policy here.

The room was basic but provided all the usual needs. The was some complimentary water however any subsequent water had to be paid for.

The staff I met were efficient but not friendly, very Hong Kong in my view.

The is a small pool on the roof which was great but could be open longer.

Overall nothing outstanding and nothing to make you want to return. Given the influx from the mainland i suspect tha occupancy rates will remain high resulting in falling service standards and ever increasing room rates.

The location  is great being a short walk to the star ferry And in the heart of a retail heaven. I think however that it is a very average hotel and the are better in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Get a bed and breakfast rate otherwise do not have breakfast in hotel.
1  Thank Binman62
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family (2 adults and 2 kids 13 and 9) stayed in the Holiday Inn in Aug 2012, the hotel is manned by staff with impeccable manners they are helpful and polite and a credit to the hotel. The hotel itself was spotless clean everywhere, the children enjoyed the use of the roof top pool which provided huge towels and had a poolside bar. The buffet breakfast had everything you could think of it was beautifully presented and tasted great. Even though the hotel is in the middle of the golden mile there was no noise to disturb you and it was incredibly handy for travel, shops, subway etc.

Room Tip: We had a run of the mill family room but we were offered an upgrade (for a fee) to a deluxe suite as it had more room, unless you really like to spread out don't bother, the room was a great size and we had ample room.