3,113 results
All reviewsnathan roadmtr stationexcellent locationihg membertwo double bedsexecutive clubtsim sha tsuiwalking distancenathan rdrooftop poolchungking mansionsconvenient locationbuffet breakfastexecutive floorshopping districtan upgradehandy phone
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have just returned from a business trip to Hong Kong and have stayed at this hotel a number of times. The location is excellent with an underground train station directly outside the front door and the Star ferry within easy walking distance. The staff were friendly and helpful and the bedroom and clean and everything worked. I would be happy to stay here again any time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Perfect location close to harbour, heaps of shops, restaurants and MTR station. Great staff. Excellent selection of food for breakfast with chefs available to cook special orders. Big, clean rooms. Good rooftop pool with friendly attendants. Very reasonably priced room service. Helpful concierge. Nice bar with happy hour.

If you want mid-range accommodation right in the heart of Kowloon, this is the place. We spent a week there in August with our two kids and were more than satisfied with the whole experience. We'd go back in a Hong Kong minute!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had doubts about booking here as it had not been possible to get 2 adults and 2 kids booked into a 2x double bedded room on room only basis. The maximum occupancy being stated as 3. In the end I risked it and the hotel did not say anything on arrival and even provided 4 drinks vouchers.

The lobby is large and welcoming but the room we had on the 15th floor was tired and very very small. It did however suit us for the 2 nights. Status was recognised but there was no upgrade, no breakfast and no Internet until we asked, at which point Internet access was given.

I remain  firmly of the view that wi if Internet access today  should be included in all hotel rates. It is now an essential requirements rather than some luxury add on.

The following morning we went to have breakfast however the buffet would have set us back over $110 USD for 4 and the was not going to happen. My kids eat little and there is no kids eat free policy here.

The room was basic but provided all the usual needs. The was some complimentary water however any subsequent water had to be paid for.

The staff I met were efficient but not friendly, very Hong Kong in my view.

The is a small pool on the roof which was great but could be open longer.

Overall nothing outstanding and nothing to make you want to return. Given the influx from the mainland i suspect tha occupancy rates will remain high resulting in falling service standards and ever increasing room rates.

The location  is great being a short walk to the star ferry And in the heart of a retail heaven. I think however that it is a very average hotel and the are better in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Get a bed and breakfast rate otherwise do not have breakfast in hotel.
1  Thank Binman62
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family (2 adults and 2 kids 13 and 9) stayed in the Holiday Inn in Aug 2012, the hotel is manned by staff with impeccable manners they are helpful and polite and a credit to the hotel. The hotel itself was spotless clean everywhere, the children enjoyed the use of the roof top pool which provided huge towels and had a poolside bar. The buffet breakfast had everything you could think of it was beautifully presented and tasted great. Even though the hotel is in the middle of the golden mile there was no noise to disturb you and it was incredibly handy for travel, shops, subway etc.

Room Tip: We had a run of the mill family room but we were offered an upgrade (for a fee) to a deluxe suite as it had more room, unless you really like to spread out don't bother, the room was a great size and we had ample room.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very friendly and efficient check in, took the room upgrade again which they offered me last visit also. The upgrade room is large, clean and well serviced by friendly and efficient cleaning staff. Breakfast was included in the upgrade either in the Executive Club or restaurant; I used both and had no complaints with either. The upgrade also gives access to the Executive Club throughout the day for coffee and cakes and drinks and good selection of food from 6pm each evening. The only problem I noticed with that this year was the number of children now in the club. Their handling of the food without supervision of adults left a lot to be desired and sometimes meant you wouldn't eat the food after the children had handled it inappropriately with their fingers or coughed and sneezed all over it. I would suggest the club is adults only. Haris bar was good but sometimes the overstressed waitress got a little bossy with customers and you could wait a very long time for service. It was good to see the Hotel also managed to hang on to some of their most valuable employees who I remembered from last year, bravo to Sandy, an asset to the Hotel. I would recommend the Hotel and its location and I will be returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank schapeli
Management response:Responded August 24, 2012

Dear schapeli,

Thank you for returning to the Holiday Inn Golden Mile and for taking the time to share with us your experience.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade to the Executive Club Room, as well as the service delivered, we are delighted to share your kind compliments to Sandy.

We apologize for the service shortfall at Hari’s Bar. We will inform the bar manager and make sure that we don’t cause guests to wait for service in the future. Also your comments about children in our Executive Club lounge are well noted, so we will ensure our staffs keep a closer eye on children when they are at the buffet.

We appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to your return next year.

Best Regards,