This hotel charges 4 HK$ (US $.0.50) per minute for internet usage which is a deal-killer for me since I use the internet so much while traveling. This gives me a bad impression of the hotel since it's about on the level of charging for TV usage or putting a coin operated lock on the bathroom in this day and age. I don't mind if they charge a flat rate of say $US5 per day for an internet connection but if they are going to advertise a wireless internet connection in the room then they need to tell you they charge for it by the minute because that makes it basically unusable. If I had known that I wouldn't have stayed there but fortunately it was for only one night.
Our room rate did not include breakfast and they charged about $US 25 for the breakfast buffet and with a family of 5 that's just ridiculous so we weren't too happy with that either.
The hotel is very close to the ferries and metro and several museums but unfortunately to get there you have to walk through dozens of hawkers shoving fake watches in your face, tailor services, massages, and other products and services. Nathan Road and the other streets of Kowloon are very unpleasant to walk through at night and not much better during the day. On the side streets like Moby Road there's an unpleasant smell of sewage.
The staff at this hotel was nice and helpful, the health club was nice, the rooftop pool was a little cold and closes early (7 pm) at least in the winter, and the rooms were pleasant although not nearly as nice as those in the Shanghai Radisson, which we had just left. The view from the room was of some hideous collapsing building that looked like it had been condemned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon’s bustling city centre, the Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong offers business and leisure travellers a vibrant location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home while away. The hotel provides 621 invitingly comfortable twin, double or king size beds equipped guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, bar, function rooms, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free Wi-fi and entertainment. The hotel also installs handy smartphone in all its guest rooms. Guests can use the phone throughout the stay, with unlimited data and calls to Hong Kong, Australia, India, China, Taiwan and UK included for free. Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong is adjacent to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) which leads to Hong Kong’s major commercial and tourist districts. The famous Star Ferry is within five minutes walking distance and Hong Kong International Airport is just a forty-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong