See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2015 via mobile

We've been to Hong Kong from July 30 until August 2, 2015. During this trip, we stayed for 3 nights at Haoyuan Hotel. We rented the room that is good for 7 pax (but we were just 6 that time) for Php 2,300 each.

It is a little bit difficult to find the place because the door/gate going inside the building is so small. However, you can ask the guard in the area and they know the place. In addition, the place is so near to an MTR station, food stalls, Shopping Malls like Grand Plaza and Langham Place and just a walking distance to Sneakers Street and Ladies Market. Though, you have to travel for about an hour from/to the airport.

To get inside the building, you need to input a pin to open the gate. Unfortunately, the people we met in the lobby cannot speak English. So what we did was we tailgate from the person who went inside. Thus, it is best to email the Hotel staff prior to your visit on how to get inside.

The receptionist area is located in the 11th floor. Though, their receptionist is not fluent and can speak little English, they are still very accommodating and even let us have an early check in.

Our room (102) is located at the 10th floor. Before you can get in, there is a door that is always lock and only guests have the key. Just for security.

The room has 2 double beds and 1 bunkbed which the lower bed can accommodate 2 pax. There is an in-room CR, a television, and a water heater. The shower has a heat and cold, and they provided shampoo, body wash, towels and tissue paper. There is one trash can for the whole room. The room is not that spacious. It is just enough to place the luggage at the side and some of us even placed it on the bed. There is no cabinet or closet. They have around 4 power outlets including the one for the TV yet I am not sure if they provided the universal power adapter.

The elevator in the building can accommodate up to 7 pax provided that there are no baggage. The stairs is kinda creepy but I think is safe.

Overall, the place is perfect for those who will go to Hong Kong for exploration and is just looking for a place to stay for the night, leave the things and in budget. It is recommended because of how close it is for the basic needs of a traveller like MTR station, food stalls, markets, shopping malls.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

The building itself is a bit rubbish especially looking at the fire exits. Me and 3 of my friends were assigned to Room 103 at 10th F where the toilet is very smelly, wifi is very poor, trash can is not covered, the electric kettle looks like it has not been clean for ages and there were no toiletries nor bath towel provided to us. My other friend who was with her niece and sister were assigned to a small room with Red wall at the 11th floor. This room does not have a window and worse is the leaking airconditio that almost flood their floor. They slept in our room the 2nd night to at least have a comfortable sleep. The only advantage of this lodge is that it is a stonw throw away from Mongkok MTR station and Langham Place. The next time that we visit HK we will surely be wise in picking a hotel and not be limited due to budget.

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Ruthie F
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Located right after you exit E1 of the Mongkok station at your right facing Langham hotel and right infront Sasa Store. (Note: you should not go farther than the Gap store or else you already missed the building.) The hotel is also around 3 minutes walk to the bus station (A21 bus) going to airport. So indeed this hotel is very conveniet for shoping and stations both MTR and bus. Walking distance to the night market, Langham Mall, Cotton on, Esprit, Gap, etc.. Checking in you need to take the elevator to the 11th floor. Their are only 8 rooms available so I suggest you book early to ensure room availability.

The room is not too small compared to hostel located at the Chungking mansion. The sheets and comforter is very clean and the room got a 21' flat screen tv, small cabinet and space where you can place your bags. You can sleep comfortably. Just one thing, since the owner also lives within the hostel, his kid around 6 y/o tends to get too noisy in the evening playing and shouting around but after 11pm and beyond the kid stopped playing

Unlike the other comments from this hostel, we were not required to give deposit upon check in. It also has strong wifi.

Over all, we get the value for what we paid for... I'll definitely recommend Haoyuan Hostel for its convenience and comfort.

Date of stay: August 2014
7  Thank Katetriestocomment
Reviewed June 26, 2014

After reading some mixed reviews (from this site and others) and google mapping, I decided to try it out for its convenient location. Indeed it is a few steps away from E1 Mongkok MTR Exit. To get there, board A21 bus from the airport and alight at stop 7 along Nathan Rd., cross the street, and look for the MTR exit beside watson's. The entrance to the building is sandwiched between a GAP store and a Chinese pharmacy. Langham Place (hotel and mall) is also right across from it, so looking for a place to eat should not be a problem (if you like eating in malls).

The gate opens with a code which a reviewer helpfully posted here (you will only be given this upon check in at the 11th flr). We were allowed early check-in (at 11:30 am!) I guess because I requested this in my online booking. The lady then was quite pleasant though communicating in English could be quite a challenge. Only thing I didnt expect was the 200 dollars deposit because I have already paid in full upon booking online. Guests are given two keys (one for the steel door which comes before the rather battered wooden door) for the room. The steel door is locked with a dead bolt which can be rather tricky to open from the outside. The apartment floor also had a massage/spa place which I intended to try but didn't have the time.

The room had a window and was tiny (but of course!), there was hardly any room for our luggage. But the bed was big (I also specified this in the booking), and the sheets are basic but clean. Bathroom size is ok (there's more legroom than in the bedroom) and had clothes hangers. Basic toiletries were also provided. I was also loaned a hairdryer upon request at the front desk. I don't think the heater worked though, but thankfully it was summer, we didn't need hot showers. There was an electric kettle too where I boiled water for drinking. No refrigerator (how would it fit?) but the air conditioning is adequate. The flat screen TV with very clear reception was a nice thought but unfortunately there was only one English channel.

We checked out at 6 am few days later and a different and rather grumpy, sleepy-looking lady attended to us. I expected this and so out of courtesy I told them the day before I was checking out early. Oh well. So after grudgingly checking our room, she handed me back my deposit and off we went ;). The bus stop to the airport is right in front of One Grand Tower beside the MTR exit. Very convenient, indeed!

Overall, I would say it is a few notches above the other hostels i've been in HK so far. I might consider coming back (if only to try the traditional Chinese massage offered in the next room ;))

Room tip: Book early (it gets more expensive online, the nearer the date). Request for early check-in (I'm not sure though about late check out), large beds and rooms with windows. Prepare your deposit too :)
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank Eds G
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is actually very easy to be found. It's exactly few steps away from the E1 MongKok entrance. When you get out from E1 and see the crowd, see your left side and you will see the building there (no big sign of this hotel at all and it was only 10 steps away from the entrance). Prepare the name of hotel in chinese writing since nobody in the street knows english well.
DO NOT TAKE ANY TAXI to get here, since they will deceive you for sure.

And you cannot enter without knowing the code of the building (3838), gladly I manage to enter when I see someone is entering the same building.

The keeper cannot speak english at all, but she has prepared list of thing that she will need in english (passport and deposit money).

Rooms are a bit small (as expected), but it is clean and satisfying to be said. They prepare enough for your stay (soap, shampoo, towel, toothbrush and hairdryer).

Overall, I can say that this place is more than enough for a big family that cone together :)

8  Thank ayling412