“Great!”
Review of Homy Inn

Homy Inn
Ranked #21 of 162 Specialty Lodging in Hong Kong
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Homy inn is a great place, very new and clean. Everyday cleaning and new towels. Host Ricky is very Nice And helpfull. Also the location is safe and very central in a lively area of Hongkong. Metrostation is also near to the hotel

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Minou S

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked on-line for 4 nights in HK & have been very impressed by Homy Inn. Ricky especially helpful.

It's only a bedroom with ensuite, in a perfect Kowloon location. It's all new and perfectly clean and compact.

Location is everything with shops, restaurants and transport all walking distance, it's perfect.

Thanks a Ricky for your help.

Room Tip: Great location, Kowloon has it all including late nights.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nigel M
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed in six different three hostels in HK before and by far Homy Inn was the best hostel I've ever stayed in HK. Great location 5 minute walk to Harbour City, 2 minute walk to East TST MTR, 1 minute walk to Nathan Road and 0 second walk to pubs of Hart Avenue, friendly hosts, five stars service, immaculately clean rooms, comfortable beds with decent mattresses.

Special thanks to Andy and the lady who was on morning shift duty on 18/9/2013. I'll definitely return next year !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank screamingmonster
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is also an overdue review. The staffs are very welcoming and hospitable. The location is very strategic and central. The room, it is a bit small, but that's Hong Kong's room all about in the central area so we kind of accept it. Also, we have read the review before so we have expected this condition before. The room is very new and clean. Water dispenser is available which is very important. We recommend this place for those who want to have a visit in Tsim Sha Tsui on budget.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rahara212
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a great spot, with good clean modern (small, of course) rooms in a great locations just off Nathan Road. Winny and Ricky were welcoming hosts. Considering where it is, it's very quiet. You just need to step out of the building for the hustle and bustle.

Please note this review is for their newer rooms in the Wing Lee buildings on Kimberley Rd. I would defo go back to this one again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank tothebridge
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I always thought I am someone rustic and down to earth, until I spent a night in this hostel. My husband and I, both in our late 30's, booked a room for 3 nights here Oct 2012. I even assured him this would be a much decent place comparing to Chungking Mansion.
Well it is at a good location, 3 min walk from the main Nathan Road. Reception is friendly and helpful. But the room is just TINY and PATHETIC. I am only a 5ft 4", my head touched one wall and my feet touched the opposite one when in bed. I could hardly turn around and when I did, my nose touched the other wall.
I woke up in the middle of the night, felt terribly claustrophobic. I rushed out and went down to the street, took a deep breath, and wait till the break of dawn.
We decided to move out, whether or not they refund us. The hotel few blocks away cost us double the price, but lesson well learned.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosemoo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My rating is based on my bad experience in 3 out of the 5 nights I stayed there. I will try to be as accurate as possible in explaining why.

As other reviews state, the hotel has two different locations, 5 minutes far from each other. I arrived at the main location, in the Union Mansion, where I stayed the first 4 nights. For the people that don't know how are these hostels, they are in huge appartment blocks, at the end of dodgy corridors, which may be a bit claustrophobic. I have to say I had no problem with that.

The reception staff was great; friendly and helpful. I got the room 601, at the end of the corridor right next to the reception desk, and near other 3 rooms (other rooms were in different corridors or at the other building). The first day I noticed that the room was very noisy, being close to the reception desk and with walls/doors that seem like nothing for the noise. The room was tiny, but I already knew about that, with barely space to put the suitcase, a small bed and tiny toilet/bathroom. There was no window, which may be a bit claustrophobic as well. There was a ventilation pipe, going god knows where in the building. Even if the room was noisy, the first night I was so tired that I got sleep very deeply and did not notice anything.

My problems started the 2nd night. Starting around midnight and until 3am there was a LOT OF NOISE coming from the small reception corridor. It looked like people coming and going, shouting in chinese right next to my door, and moving/hitting things. Normally I don´t bother about noise for sleeping, but this was really strong and right on the other side of my door. The next day I told the guys at the reception desk and they told me that it was not normal, and it should not happen again any other night. The following night (3rd) was more or less the same. Then, the following day, I asked the reception guys to move me to another room, because I could not stay again like that. They told me that there was no room available for that night, but that they would contact all the other guests to keep quiet at night. This did not convince me, but there was not much I could do.

The worst was the 4th night, with again extremely strong and sharp noises and shouting right on the other side of my door, combined with a few nights before of barely sleeping. Looked like many people, shouting in chinese, and again hitting things. The obvious thing would have been to open the door and ask them to stop, but there is something you have to understand about these places: the reception people leave at 11pm, and then you are at the end of a tiny corridor, with no window, in the 6th floor of a crappy building, with lots of people between you and the exit shouting in chinese. Can be a bit intimidating, to be honest. That night, around 3am, I send an email to the reception saying that if they could not change my room for the last night, I would move to a different hotel for that stay, even losing my payment.

Then, for the last day, they changed my room, actually to the second building. I have to say that I liked this location much more, and also my room was a bit bigger, and, importantly, it had a big window! It was actually quite noisy before midnight, with a family with some kids shouting in the corridor, but it did not lasted long and, compared to the other room, it looked like heaven.

So, I would say that the experience would depend a lot on the room you get.
Rooms, anyway, are tiny, but that´s HK.
Staff is extremely nice and friendly. I got the impression that Andy tried to help me as much as he can, and I appreciate that.
Price is cheap for HK standards.
Location is great, just in TST, next to the MTR, the promenade, etc.

Room Tip: Try to specify that you want a room with window. I liked more the second location, facing Chatham Rd...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo