Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Lol.travel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This inn has several locations in tsim sha tsui. I stayed at the one at Windsor along Chatnam Rd. Its just one block away from the Hart Ave branch.

Gd location: This inn is located just steps away from tsim sha tsui east station, which is connected to tsim sha tsui station via underground walkway. Hence it's easy to get here via airport express and mtr. There is also a bus stop in front which the airport shuttle bus stops at. Inn is on Lvl 5 of the building.

Amenities in room: TV, electric water kettle (though you don't really need it because there is a hot n cold water dispenser in the common area), clean ensuite bathroom, cups, free tea and coffee, hair dryer.

Friendly staff: reception staff was always friendly and willing to help with directions and other questions.

Safety: Passcard access to inn and to room.

I stayed in a double double room and was fortunate to have awesome harbor views from this room. Didn't have problem the previous reviewers faced- no windows, because my room had many windows which overlooked Chatham rd and the harbor. So if your budget allows or you have 3-4 in your party I recommend this room.

I had qualms about staying in this place initially as I was traveling with family and they were used to staying in hotels. However, my family was thoroughly impressed with the experience given the reasonable price charged compared to regular hotels in Hong Kong. Will stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2012
5  Thank zpphie
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The room is tiny but I've expected this in Hong Kong. Otherwise, room is tidied and clean up everyday (with fresh towels too). Plus there's a safety box located under the (very firm) bed. Some hangars and hook to hang your clothes. Ensuite bathroom is very clean and showers are powerful. The only problem is that there is no window in our standard double room so we didn't know if it was bright or raining until we stepped outside of the building. I didn't feel claustrophobic at all, there was still space for our bags (2 cabin luggage and 2 duffels!). Some banging noises from the doors did kept us awake at night a few times (maybe Homy Inn should look into fixing the door cos no matter how I've tried to gently close the door, it'll bang shut!). Wifi is perfect. And the staff, excellent...they made us feel very welcome and happily helped us with our requests.

Date of stay: October 2012
3  Thank ro4ch
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is Hong Kong. If you want space, you pay premium. If you are ok with tiny space, look no more than Homy Inn. I stayed in a basic single for 2 nights, and the space is tiny, but you get all the essentials u need (Very clean room with windows, A/C, bathroom, TV, table for eating, luggage space under the bed, hangers for clothes). Very clever use of space. Furthermore, it is very safe! (Card-access door to every room, card access to the inn itself!) There are eateries and convenience stores less than 1 minute' walk away, and pubs just downstairs if u want a drink. Airport express bus-stop just along the street (less than 1 minute). Staff were very helpful and friendly, made my stay really wonderful! Convenience = tops! Staff = tops!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank owen1218
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We picked this hostel based on good reviews online. I feel people don't like to whinge and moan, so if your experience was bad, you don't review. OK. I get that. But I wish someone had put an honest review online before I booked this place.

Although it WAS very clean --which is excellent, thank you Homy Inn-- other things were definitely not great:
1) Room size. IMPOSSIBLY TINY. We had one double bed wedged into the end of the room (top of the bed flush with the wall, bottom flush with the other wall, 1 side of the bed also shunted up to a wall), with a glass cubicle (containing a toilet, basin and shower) less than a foot away from the bed. The cubicle was small in itself - when you sat on the toilet your knees were right up against the glass! The cubicle was also flush with the wall that had the door on it, so the only floor space was less than a meter square as you opened the door. Factor in that you need somewhere to put your baggage and you basically have no space to stand/dress etc. Really very small for 2 people. There are more problems than just feeling cramped by the small space. When it's hot (32+ degrees C outside) and you have the AC on, a small room like this gets cool very quickly. Which seems great.. but when you turn the AC off, it also gets warm again quickly. So it's hot/cold/hot/cold over and over, which actually made my bf sick, since he's sensitive to things like that. We had to visit a pharmacy to get antibiotics for him.
2) Paper thin walls mean that if anyone s making any noise you are kept awake all night. This happened to us. I was really annoyed about that.
3) There are actually 2 locations. The one stated on the website, which is where the receptionist checks you in, and then another in a building closeby on Chater South Road. We were in this other location. Which meant that when we had problems with noisy neigbours, I actually had to look up the number online and call the main reception to complain and ask for someone to come over and police the noise. No one actually did ever come over to tell the noisy family -who were having a huge argument which lasted ALL night- to be quiet. This is just no good - there needs to be someone from the hostel onsite at all times for service but also safety, I think.
4) Service. Although the girl that checked us in was very nice and all, we were expecting to check in at 2, as was stated on the website. However, when we arived, after a long trip (we're travelling) we were told the room wasn't ready and we'd need to check in at 3. We were dog-tired and this just shouldn't happen at a well-run establishment.

The location is good, but there are hostels all over HK and you cn find a nicer place in as good a location for less money than this.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Haley R
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Four of us stayed in a room with two double beds that was only about 10ft x 10ft (3m x 3m) - it was extremely small and we couldn't even all open our luggage at once because of the lack of floor space. But, it was very clean, in a good location, and had windows on two walls. The staff spoke good English, were nice and very helpful.
When we arrived at the reception in the morning they allowed us to leave our luggage there until we could get our room later in the day. When we returned, they had moved our luggage into our room, which was actually across the street in another building. This was nice of them, but we were a little concerned they had moved our luggage (we had laptops and fragile items). But everything was fine.

Date of stay: August 2012