“Nice Warm Service at Hollywood”

Butterfly on Hollywood
Ranked #91 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Warm Service at Hollywood”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is my second stay into Butterfly on Hollywood and the feeling just get better each time.

The nice decor in the lobby still impressed me and I am glad to still find the staff as friendly as before.

The hotel management appreciated loyal customer and I was upgraded to a bigger room without being requested and at absolutely no extra cost.

Like what I have read from other visitors comments, I agreed that the friendly and efficient frontdesk team is a Big Big draw for the hotel. My special thanks to Ms Angel Lee for her unreserved effort to ensure I feel most comfortable during my stay and her giving me great help in searching for information when my handphone was not ready for use. Her thoughtfulness made a huge impression and I am grateful for such wonderful service.

I look forward to another stay soon in this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 3moke
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Hollywood, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Lovely to hear that your second stay was even better than the first one! It's our pleasure reading your warm and encouraging words about Angel and our guest services team. We promise your next stay would be just as wonderful with our high quality, personalized services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Chose this hotel for its value since Hong Kong's hotels are pretty expensive. It looks like they have new renovations. The lobby wall is just amazing, lights flashing while you walk along the red carpet really makes you feel like someone important.

The service is just wonderful. A big thank you to the frontdesk team. Since this is my first time coming to Hong Kong, they were a big help in telling me directions and where to go. Yuko was so friendly in helping me move my luggages with a big smile on her face.

The location is great, not too far from the subway station and there are many interesting places to look around. Try the yummy tomatoe soup noodles nearby ( i forgot the name), it is at a very old school looking shop that is a block away from the hotel.

Thank you Butterfly on Hollywood, I will totally recommend this place for its value, location and friendly staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tia M
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Hollywood, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
It's great to know that you were impressed by our featured wall and the lighting effect! We have just finished our year long renovations and are very glad that you appreciated our designs. In fact, guest experience is the aspect we care the most, and you were really important for us!

Yuko and the team are always happy to assist our guests with anything as it's our mission to offer a warm and welcoming stay to our guests! Thank you so much for your nice feedback, we hope it would not take long to welcome you back with us again.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in May 2013, we could check in before 12 and they offered us higher grade corner room, very nice, view, very friendly, close to Man mo temple, escalator. Neat n clean hotel, staff very friendly n cooperative, small rooms but very nice n cozy

Room Tip: go to upper floors for better view of city
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to know you enjoyed our services and accommodations. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this hotel after a disappointing experience with an air bnb host. We booked for 9 nights on the morning we wanted to check in. The hotel had the room ready for us at 9am. We requested a corner room and had a great view from the 23rd floor. The staff were friendly and happy to assist us when needed. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but there are so many options to eat out close by (the bar and restaurant across the road is great). The room was small but that's the way it is in HK. The hotel has been recently renovated, everything looks shiny and new. Overall we were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad that you appreciated what Butterfly on Hollywood has to offer. We look forward to see you back soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed at a few other Butterfly properties before but never at Hollywood Street. So since I was traveling alone this time, I thought I try this less expensive option (compared to my favorite at Wellington).

The location is not as convenient as the more centrally located Wellington. However, if one factors in the price, it's really not too bad. I think Butterfly at Hollywood is a shorter walk from MTR station too.

The staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly. The room was a bit small but is very comfortable and clean. I especially like the Hollywood theme in the hotel.

The only complain I had about the hotel was the rather poor sound proofing. I could hear my next room's neighbor's TV and some of their conversation. Thankfully, they were just watching TV and talking.

Room Tip: If you could, top up a bit for a larger room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your continuous support and glad that you liked our Hollywood theme! Much like Butterfly on Wellington, Butterfly on Hollywood is located at a rather convenient location, close to MTR, local eats and the SoHo area for fine dining while offering a more cultural attractions than the shopping streets of Central. By the way, we do apologize for the room’s sound proofing issue, we will definitely take note of your comments for our future improvements.

Many thanks for your compliments regarding our guest services too, we hope to welcome you back again soon!
johannesburg
Reviewed September 25, 2013

i was initially a bit scared about booking this hotel after reading reviews. I took a chance and booked it. I booked the standard city view. The reception staff were extremely friendly and I liked the look of the lobby. There is a few steps that u have to carry your bags up though to get to the lift but again the staff helped us. My room was only on the 2nd floor but I loved the view of the hustle and bustle of the street below. I didn't find walking to the train station long at all. Maybe 7 minutes...along the way to the station you will see many small but interesting shops. It feels like you are in the city with the people of hong kong rather than a tourist area. The location is fantastic with supermarkets, fruits and veg stands, clothes shops, and more all around you and within walking distance. My room looked smart, new. The tv was big and a sony. The room size was quiet good. I expected it to be smaller but it wasn't. The bathroom was clean, shower area small. The bed was perhaps the best and softest and most comfortable. It was heaven. Later I would stay at the plush rosedale hotel Kowloon in a executive room and that bed was the worst ive ever experienced in a 4 star hotel. Everyday my room amenities were replaced as if I were staying in a 5 star hotel. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and I can honestly say that although the price might be a little more than similar hotels, it was money well spent. If I returned to hong kong I would either stay here again or try another hotel in the butterfly group. Well done butterfly on Hollywood.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank es786
Thank you for your detailed review. We are very happy to hear you had a great time at our hotel and were impressed all the way from our services, room quality, comfort of bed to the culturally rich area nearby.

We are so glad having offered you a great experience here, and we are truly grateful hearing your encouraging words. Thanks a lot for the support and we promise your next stay would be as memorable as this one.
Singapore
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with them for a couple of nights just days ago. The set-up of the hotel somehow makes you like a superstar. Walking down the red carpet into the lift lobby, flashlights are installed along the corridor. Every level's lift lobby is decorated with a back-drop & director's chair.

Room: Clean. Comfy bed & choices of pillow - Hard/Soft ones (Indicated via butterflies clipper).

Location: The hotel is just an approximate time of 7 minutes walk from Sheung Wan Exit A2. (Makes it easier to locate it when I arrived from the Macau-HK Ferry Terminal at Exit D).

Surroundings: Variety of restaurants, bar & cafè choices along Hollywood Road. Supermarkets are just around the corner.

Nearby: Man Po Temple, Mid-Level Escalator (10 minutes walk) Lan Kwai Fong, Peak Tram (20-30minutes walk)

Dep: A shuttle bus to the airport can be arranged with the GSEs. However you'll have to give them a 3 hours notice for booking. The journey is about an hour's time depending on traffic & at a cost of $150HKD.

Will want to stay with the group the next time I visit HK again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Melissa T
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Hollywood, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your support! We are very thrilled to hear our hotel design and "Hollywood" décor made you feel like a superstar in our hotel, it is exactly what we hoped our guests will feel once they step into our hotel. We hope to welcome you again in the not too far future!