“Convenient and handy”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Timeless Italian specialties are what Osteria is all about. The dishes are authentically crafted, inviting, full of flavour and promise to transport your palate to the various regions of Italy for a truly traditional culinary experience.
adelaide
“Convenient and handy”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Although people may wonder why, in Hong Kong of all places, people would go to a sort of Italian restaurant in a Holiday Inn complex, Osteria does provide a convenient, fairly tasty option for those staying in the Holiday Inn; there is also a German restaurant and a fairly pricey Cantonese one in the complex and I think Osteria is your best option if you don't want to venture out. We had an acceptable Margharita pizza, although I will say that throughout my time experiencing pizza in Asia, there is a degree of melting the cheese and still ensuring a crispness that often seems to be lacking and this one was no exception, but anyway, it was fine. The food came with some very tasty different types of bread and a balsamic vinegar which was great. I ordered two side dishes of vegetables, one consisted of carrots and squash, which were quite well cooked and tasty, and a smashed potato, which was interesting as the potatoes used were more an Asian type ( really???), less starchy and more translucent. The desserts were great, an apple pie, and a vanilla creme brulee, so all in all this was quite a good place.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Staying at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile it was very convenient to just pop up to this lovely restaurant , the decor is pleasant and the staff excellent, we shared a pizza and could not resist the wonderful desserts, although we didn't have wine, the wine list is extensive and well priced. A nice touch is the three different breads and dipping oil that is served.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank lorel1948
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, perhaps over-priced”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We recently had lunch here on a day when the restaurant was not busy.
We've read other reviews about the service and meal delivery and have to say that we had no problems.

One of our party ordered soup and another a salad starter and these were brought very quickly.
For main meals we'd ordered 2 pasta dishes, one fish and one salad and again the meals were brought in good time and served piping hot.

Understanding that this is a hotel restaurant we still felt the price was a little high especially as the food was good and not outstanding.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Johnpsau
Vancouver, Canada
“Ok service, mediocre food”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Located inside the Holiday Inn, this is a convenient place for hotel guests and visitors alike. Seating is relatively spacious.

The moment I sat down, my waitress was ready with the wine list and menus. This fast, friendly service level continued throughout the meal.

I ordered a glass of Chianti, lasagne, and garlic bread. The wine was surprisingly good for the price. The garlic bread is done in a pizza-like fashion. It was quite good. The lasagne arrived piping hot in a bowl with lots of melted cheese. The meal presentation was very good. Time to dig in! No flavour. I ate half of it and stopped. It simply isn't worth the calories I'd need to burn off by eating it.

If a restaurant could survive on service and presentation, this place would be great. Unfortunately, good food is a must. The lasagne was tasteless. I recommend taking a pass on this place. There are lots of restaurants with tasty food all around the Holiday Inn.

Visited February 2014
Singapore
“Food is a personal choice but the Service was excellent”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The ambience of the place is good and the place was busy on a weekday. When we walked in without a reservation we were told oh, you dont have a reservation, but I think that was an over reaction. The service was excellent and I found the food good. I am a vegetarian and they had a decent selection. However, this is the only place where I have seen minestrone soup to have a green colour soup. The pizza was good and well done as requested by us. The bread basket was fantastic and the gnnochi in red sauce is avoidable.

Visited January 2014