“Can't wait to go back”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Timeless Italian specialties are what Osteria is all about. The dishes are authentically crafted, inviting, full of flavour and promise to transport your palate to the various regions of Italy for a truly traditional culinary experience.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant is something else. From when we first went in the staff were so warm and inviting. The restaurant tables were impeccable, the chairs were so nice and the surrounds were quiet and inviting. I must mention Peter the Head waiter who does his job so well in recommending a dinner for us to try and drinks that were exceptional. The Head Chef Paolo Federici cooks to a delight. His rib eye steaks were cooked so exquisitely that the whole meal just melted away. The whole dining experience is absolutely unique. It is not very often that we will go back and eat again at a restaurant but 6 meals in an 8 day holiday says so much for the Osteria. This restaurant is absolutely authentic Italian. Extremely recommended.

Management response:Responded October 11, 2012

Dear gbadcock,

Thank you for your support and for taking your time to share with us your experience. It was our pleasure to be your accommodation and dining choice in Hong Kong.

We have passed your compliments on to Peter, Chef Paolo and the entire team. We are more than delighted to hear about your kind comments and they serve as a great accomplishment for the team.

All our team members enjoyed your company during your stay with us. We can’t wait to have you back.

Best Regards,
Holiday Inn Golden Mile

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went there since I am a member of the First Choice Club of Holiday Inn and get a 25% discount off the bill. This restaurant is the main reason for me to join the Club membership!! Probably one of the best value and authentic Italian Restaurant in HK and put a lot of those touristic Italian Restaurants in Rome and Florence to shame! Been here more than 10 times and when ordered the right dishes, it represents wonderful value for money!

Started off with bread basket, the foccacia with thymes and rosemary as well as the walnut bread are a treat which is soft and hot, finish quite a lot with ease dipping with oil and vinegar.

We had the following dishes:

Octopus salad - green and dirty looking, but the octopus is of good texture

Carpaccio for Salmon and beef with rocket leaves - salmon taste is quite rich and beef is ok too

Pizza Magherita is a basic dish that I would order when first try on a restaurant and this one has passed the test. Tomato is fresh and basil is fragrant, cheese is decent, thin crust.

Pizza with Parma Ham , Parmesan cheese and Rockets - crunchy crust and all packed with rockets and Parma ham, authentic.

Seafood Risotto - creamy, seafood quality is good but the rice grain can be a bit more raw in the middle, still taste good though!

Linguine - perfectly cooked smooth and creamy adhered on the surface of the pasta while al dente on the inside, the sauce is able to adhere to the pasta. Very delicious indeed!

Roast pig Suckling in Rome style - the main dish's portion is generous, crunchy skin, pork meat has got lots of flavour but could be a tad more tender. Tasty but ultimately I prefer the one from Fandango. had two orders but cannot finish them all

Ribeye Steak Florentine style - Perfectly grilled , served sliced into small pieces. Hey wait, my friend is bringing the dish to the kid's table, stop.......at the end I manage to have one small piece only, but it was soooo good, fatty, full of beef flavour tender and cooked to perfection, must try again next time! min.330g for $40USD before discount, i think is very very good value!

Roast Rack of Lamb - Welsh Lamb Marinated and Grilled to perfection again, soft, juicy and full of lamb muskiness and it came with 5 big racks for less than $40 before 25% discount. This is dirt cheap given the quality of the cut! The order gone in no time.

Next time, I will order the pizza, pasta , steak and rack of lamb for sure! The rest , I can try other dishes, maybe some fish.

Last but not least , the chocolate ice cream is made of Amedei and costs only $4 a thick and rich scoop that to a point that kids may not like the bitter aftertaste of the extremely dark chocolate!

Highly recommended , but need to order the right dishes as some are hit and miss. When "hit" , they are indeed fantastic!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Restaurant is one of 4 inside the Holiday Inn. I have eaten here many times because the food is very good, creative, and the service is friendly and attentive.

The Chef is from Italy, I cannot remember where and he knows how to prepare Italian cuisine. Last evening I showed up late, without a reservation, about 9pm and was able to get a table. I highly recommend a reservation if you want to gaurantee a seat. Many times I have tried to get in without one, and they were full.

Usually there is one or two specials for main course and appetizer or pasta course. This time I ordered the fresh, homemade linguine with a light seafood and red sauce, as the Primo course. I was impressed. Excellent pasta, cooked to perfection with an array of fresh seafood, including shellfish. I was served in a baking bag of some type, and all this was in a larger white dish. Nice touch. I put the shells right on the side of the baking bag. No muss no fuss. He had fresh herbs in the sauce, including the all important basil. So what could I say? I was in love !

For the main course I ordered a menu item of stuffed veal. This was a bread based stuffing, with asparagus and spices, rolled with thin seasoned veal. He put red sauce on this dish, which, in my opinion masked the beauty of the veal creation, so I pushed that aside and made short work of the meat. Sometimes in Italian cooking they refer to this rolled meat with stuffing as "braciole". My father used to make it with thin slices of beef, adding a layer of seasoned breadcrumbs, then rolled and either grilled, backed, sauted, or seared in the over then put in a sauce.

Now I was completely stuffed, yet, being the man with a sweet tooth and knowing that he makes his own gelato, I ordered two scoops with some fresh berries. Mama Mia !

I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who likes and knows good Italian cooking.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Thanks to the great Italian chef, Italian Managers and very friendly and efficient staff, the dining experience at this restaurant is unique. Food is prepared in a way which lets you enjoy the full freshness and leaves you with a very pleasant taste.
This restaurant is absolutely authentic Italian and if you feel nostalgic of great Italian food, that is the place to go!
Very highly recommended.

1  Thank AliceMHongKong
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This restaurant is absolutely fantastic. It serves delicious Italian food prepared in the most natural way with very fresh ingredients (most of it imported from Italy) which enables you to really enjoy the great taste of the dishes. No unhealthy sauces are added and it is "home made food served in a very friendly atmosphere" reminiscent of Italy.
This is one of the best Italian restaurants in Hong Kong and I can highly recommend it to anyone eager to eat delicious healthy tasty food.

2  Thank Simon400
Management response:Responded June 19, 2012

Dear Simon400,

Thank you for your support and your review.

We are glad you appreciate the freshness of our ingredients. Our team is committed to bringing you the finest, wholesome and authentic Italian cuisine. Most of our pastas and sauces are homemade, with a few exceptions that are selected by our Italian chef to be imported from Italy, as they are his favourite ingredients from back home.

Thank you again for your support and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,