“HK Short Trip”

Ranked #99 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Macau
“HK Short Trip”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Basically it is a value for money Hotel but location wise still HIE Causewaybay is better.
Although the Front Line Staff english was not really proficient but they have make it up with their sincere and warm services.

The lady who check me in was very efficient and pleasant and too bad i have missed out her name but it is noon time on the 11 Jan 2014 and she was the only female reception at that moment.

Breakfast was chaotic but cant asked for more as it is included in the room rate. There were some nice restaurant around the hotel which you can try out.

Room Tip: Asked for high floor but the harbor view is only partial and dont expect a clear view. Will suggest...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank marcello2188

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Good and nicely furnished rooms. Very clean and exellent view from top floors. Breakfast is good and service good. Hotel restaurant was not bad either. Location is brilliant for sight seeing - very down town and in walking distance from central station. I will use this hotel again at my next visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Poul H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've been to HK many times, and this hotel location is my favorite so far. It is a short walk from Sheung Wan station, Lan Kwai Fong bar area and Central business district. As a result you get an experience of both eastern and western sides of Hong Kong, authentic nice little HK-style restaurants, and French takeouts, bistros, waffles, cafes and wine bars. It is not as touristy and crowded as Kowloon, and not as shopping-oriented and jammed with high-rise office buildings as Causeway Bay.

My room was not big but quite efficient: it feels clean and comfortable, and there was also sofa chair and office desk where I was able to get some work done. Internet speed was great. Maybe the hotel can provide a little bit better shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank drpoints
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We checked-in last dec 8-11, 2013 with my family in this hotel.

The location of the hotel is situated in a prime spot. Just walking distance to the MTR sheung wan station, has bus stop every 15mins going to hongkong train station to the airport and 711 store just outside the hotel. The hotel is also located in a quiet, non-busy, not crowded area. Because of that, I say the hotel is a quite good place to stay for travelers.

Our room is around 22-23sqm area. We got the room that has a window view of the other hongkong island and water/sea view. The hotel service and food is good. I had no problem with it. The rate is quite in the mid-range price. I suggest you booked ahead online because you might ran out of room.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay and would recommend this hotel to future travelers. 4 out of 5 stars for me.

Room Tip: Choose a room that has the seaview or else you'll get a room that has the mountain view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FeilTrip
Cuiaba, MT
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights. The hotel is simple and efficient at a fair price.

We where very suprised to find a washing room ( 25hkd a wash) - I think this is a great service. I would usually have chosen the expensive full service but especially my wife felt this added value.

We do not give 5 because the location / price/ room combo is amazing. But especially the morning buffet left some to be wished for.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lars K
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Location: Excellent. Very near to MTR station. Also lots of food and other interesting shops around immediate vicinity.

Service: Staff are very helpful when we were checking in. Generally Staff in hotel are helpful. Only below par service is at the restaurant during breakfast. We were early. So maybe the staffs on duty have not fully woken up yet. But there were no smiles and in great hurry to clear of our utencils. One of them literally stood in front of me while I finish the last of my coffee. And the moment I placed the cup back of the saucer, it was whisked away.

Room: Decent size (For HKG). Very clean. I always like Holiday Inn's policy of giving both hard and soft pillows. Sound proofing of rooms are adequate, unlike some other hotel around here. There were 2 areas which I do not like: (1) lack of cable movie channels and also USB access for the LCD TV was disabled, so I can watch movies I've downloaded onto my USB stick drive. (2) Although it was a non-smoking floor, I am pretty sure some one was smoking on the floor at night. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke, so that really bothered me.

So overall I like the hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ThomasTKLee
Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Let me start by saying that I travel all the time for my work and I also have done some backpacking. I have stayed in different type of accommodations, anywhere from hostels to a Five-Diamond hotel. I can make a difference between reality and unrealistic travelers expectations.

LOCATION:
Perfect location, walking distance to shopping, bars and easy access to go to the Big Buddha/Disney. From the airport, its also super convenient. You take the train and then you take the free shuttle (its a 5 min drive since its the first stop). To go back to the airport, we decided to walk to the train station 7 min walk) I also stayed in Tsim Sha Tsui area on another occasion but both my husband and I preferred this Soho location.

STAFF:
Very nice staff, very helpful.

ROOM:
Very clean, modern not so big but comfortable. It fitted a double bed and we had 2 big suitcases open on the floor and we still had room to move around. The Internet was pretty fast. Shower was good.

BREAKFAST:
It was good! Only 1 complaint. It was really cold outside and they allow people to sit on terrace. Everytime they opened the outside door (every 2-3 minutes) a huge draft of cold air came in. People had to wear their jacket inside because of this.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple