Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour
from $132.00
from $112.00
from $144.00
More Info
All reviews highly recommend jacky his knowledge where the locals eat hour layover great guide public transit mainland china new territories always on time lantau island trip to hong kong big buddha wong jackie macau sites airport
Reviewed 1 week ago

My Dad and I had a 12 hour layover in HK recently and had a 6 hour walking tour of HK with Jacky. He was fantastic. The tour was fantastic. His communication before the day was great and he met us at the airport on time and off we set. He recommended the walking tour over the driving tour and having undertaken it with him, I can see why. The tour incorporated HK's public transport meaning it wasn't 6 hours non of walking and it was great to experience this. The tour he had organised covered some fantastic parts of the city which really allowed us to experience HK in a short space of time as we weaved in and out of different parts of the city. He was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly and we would highly recommend Jacky for any kind of tour in HK.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Jacky gave us a fun, informative tour customized to our interests. Ours was a walking tour which included using the ferry, subway, tram and bus as well as a moving sidewalk. We had great fun with Jacky while learning about the history of Hong Kong. Among the many things we did was a visit to a local market where residents shop for their food each day, tried tea the Hong Kong way and sampled traditional bakery goods. Visiting several neighborhoods, we came away with a good understanding of how Hong Kong grew. When we returned to our hotel, Jacky was kind enough to draw on a map where we had been and then gave us recommendations of other things to do in the short time we had left in the city. We wish we had had time to experience other offered tours of This is Asia Private Tours.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took this tour in 2015, and I think it was the same company but this time on 2018 was way worse,the company is "This is Asia Tours".... first the food is limited and/or unless you are seated next to the serving area which its down below ,and you are most likely sitting on the top of the boat preparing for the fireworks, no champagne involved, it was only prosecco, SMOKING is allowed close to you in a GASOLINE boat, terrifying especially for someone who has boats, I live in Florida and that is the most dangerous situation you can be put in.
Starting from boarding it was completely Chaotic, not on time and not clear not even where you belonged, they have 4 or more groups at the same time and you are boarding with dozens of more companies from the same dock.
I understand it's a new year's celebration and we all want to look beautiful BUT high heels in a moving boat with unlimited drinking is not fun you will not be able to walk straight, most of women they just kept pushing against you and always apologizing and or spilling drinks all around. What can I say, I did see all fireworks which it was spectacular and I was completely HUNGRY, but I saw them, my organizer was a male named Jackie and he tried to accommodate I guess everyone on Board but was way over his head. Not happy at all, we were a family of 4 and only my youngest son was able to eat some because he was lucky to be getting beverages when they were serving the food. I totally not recommend it, will never take it again.

Jac W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear maria g:

Thank you for your feedback. Yes the arrangement last year does need to be attended and this year we have already sorted out a much better way to accomodate this event. First of all this year's dining will be hosted at a restaurant right by the water and we will all be coached to the restaurant from our pick up point, meaning the boarding process will now be a very smooth transition away from the rest of the crowd and other companies.
During the end of the year, the Victoria Harbour is actually quite windy which causes some rocking on the boat. I understand ladies would like to wear heels, however always recommend smart casuals as this is a boat event after all, no need to wear particularly formal. I only wish that we have calm waters like how it is in Florida.
Prosecco was clearly stated on the booking, we never did advertise for champagne.
The boats we hire are from a very reputable boat company who is particularly strict on their safety measures. Smoking on the boat is allowed based on the captain's recommendations and we do trust on their judgements. Boats are serviced and maintained well so fumes are not toxic and together with the wind, we are sure that lighting a cigarette will not cause any ignition. On top of that, there are other boats (hundreds of them) on the water who are also partying and with smoking guests on board. We have never heard of an issue with lighting a cigarette on the boat.
We truly understand our previous issues and have faced our problems. I sincerely apologise on the food matters on your trip. This year with food at a restaurant and boarding on the boat from 20 steps away from the restaurant will surely appeal to this private party we host and will assure every of our guests a fun celebrated evening with the fireworks ending and welcoming to 2019.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was going to try and see Hong Kong on my own. Was really glad I found Jacky. He treated me like he knew me for a long time. He took me places that I wouldnt even thought of going too. He talked about the history of Hong Kong. He was very easy to talk to. He showed me the culture and the everyday life style of Hong Kong. SInce I was there on Business I started to use the MTR as he sujested. Which is very easy to get around and one of the best ways to see Hong kong as well.
He also recommened things to do for the rest of my stay. Which I did do and made the most of my time. With out recommendation I dont think I would of seen as much as I did.
Thank you Jacky.

Overall Jacky was great to be around. I would recommend

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I had one day to sightsee and chose Jacky for our guide. We did the Lantau Island tour. We saw so much and learned so much. Everything flows with ease and we would have never been able to do so much ourselves. He is knowledgeable and the time goes by quickly. He also dropped us off at a great place for lunch and we were able to see a market on our own.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

As we were first timers in Hong Kong we booked a city tour with Jacky. He met all our expectations, he gave us an overview of the HK highlights and even took us for an authentic dimsum lunch.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We were a family group of 4 adults and we booked 2 tours with Jacky, 1 was a custom 6 hour day tour of Hong Kong and the other was a 4 hour walking food tour of Hong Kong.

Jacky met us right on time at our hotel with his super comfortable van waiting out the front. We had a good chat about what we would like to see on the tour and he then laid it all out for us so we knew what to expect in what order. eg the Peak was first because of haze later and traffic congestion. I like to know what is happening, so I appreciated that.

So we went to the Peak and rode it down while Jacky waited for us. Then we went to Queen Street to look at historical photos. Then off driving around the streets of Wan Chai and Jacky explained how the city worked. We stopped at a local market which was fantastic, and saw things we would never have found ourselves. It was fantastic! He introduced us to a local bakery and bought us sweet treats to try. Trust him to buy your food, he knew exactly what to get for us and we appreciated that immensely.

After more exploration of Hong Kong Island, we set off for Aberdeen where Jacky waved us off on a Sampan for a ride around the harbour. Then he drove us to Repulse Bay and Stanley for more adventuring. He then took us to a very nice local Dim Sum restaurant for lunch and taught us how to order, how to do the tea ceremony and even ducked out to a supermarket to buy our Western serviettes!

I am going to ask one of my family to review the evening foodie tour as I was so exhausted I tapped out and stayed in the hotel room. But I wish I had have gone, as they came home happy and full of news.

I am incredibly impressed with Jacky and his level of consideration and professionalism. I am partially blind and disabled and he watched me carefully and spotted signs of my tiredness before my family did! You can rely on him to treat you really well if you are physically challenged in any way, and I thank him for that.

I have seen the tiny amount of negative reviews of Jacky on this website and I am very puzzled by them. Two of us are partially deaf and could hear him just fine when he spoke. When he goes quiet for a moment I believe he is considering or replanning his next stop. He was generous with us regarding money, ie he paid for our tram tickets, I bought his lunch. I believe you get what you pay for and I found his fee fair and reasonable.

I think it is important to remember that tour guides are not servants, if you treat them like a new best friend then everyone wins! We loved Jacky Wong, would recommend him totally, and believe him if he says a location you would like to visit is not worth it. I have travelled repeatedly to Hong Kong over the last 40 years, and I learned more on this tour with him than I ever knew before.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

I was very pleased that even after our flight was temporarily diverted to NRT with a medical emergency causing a 2 hour delay, the driver was there very quickly after we cleared customs to pick us up. The vehicle was clean and comfortable. The driver was polite and was able to get us to our destination quickly. I would highly recommend this service.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

My husband and I were in Hong Kong for a week, Sept 2018 celebrating my husbands 91st pre birthday party, my husband is a disabled US veteran, a Buffalo Soldier Aux. I had requested a wheel chair for our tours. Jacky met us at the airport, he had a wheel chair for my husband. Jacky drove us to our hotel, he planned 3 day sight seeing tours, and one evening boat tour. Jacky was very professional, he sit up front in his van and he talked directly to and with my husband on each tour, that shows his respect for the elderly. Jacky took us all over Hong Kong, he was on time each time to pick us up from the hotel. He took us to various sections of Hong Kong, his love for his country is apparent. Now we had an 8:30am flight from Hong Kong to Beijing, and I wanted Jacky to pick up at 5:00 am so we would have plenty of time to get to the airport, Jacky picked us up at 5:00am, he was always on time. He has a gentle tone, he takes his time, he is very flexible with what you may want to see, and will change any tours to accomodate his guest. Jacky took several pictures of us on the tours, and we saw the picture immediately .

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Jacky is an exceptional tour guide and very knowledgeable. He also provides flexibility which is important when travelling with a young family. Excellent tour, great service and overall we had a fantastic experience. Highly recommend his tour services.