Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $426.14
from $255.36
from $460.80
More Info
All reviews cruise ship great insight lantau island visiting hong kong big buddha wong nicky airport kowloon itinerary transportation luggage china tai
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2017

We recently availed of Jacky's services for sightseeing tours of (a) Hong Kong city (b) Lantau Island (c) Macau day trip...........it was a wonderful experience. Jacky understood my family's interests, preferences (we wanted short walks/less stairs etc for my elderly parents), and perfectly guided us to Unique (gems!!) sightseeing destinations which were very local, insightful, and refreshing. Jacky's passion of explaining the historical context added great clarity to our understanding and enjoyment. He was our trusted advisor even outside formal scope of work - he is always willing to help aptly with his in-depth knowledge of the region. Great work Jacky - thank you and hope to see you again soon (and next time we want to come and enjoy Winter out there)!!

Date of experience: June 2017
JackyW454, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Dear SantanuGanguly:

Thank you for your time for reviewing us at This Is Asia Tours. We value your feedback and we take great pride on our work in showing you our region on the local aspects of histories, local cultures and local living. We particularly value your comments and will strive to do better in understanding every need from various corners of the world and continue to learn and do even better. We hope you have enjoyed this Hong Kong experience with us and welcomes you to come back again to explore more with us. Not only our local Hong Kong tours we offer Airport Layover tours, Lantau driving tours, Kowloon evening walking tours, evening tours with Junk boat ride and dim sum experience, railway tours to Shenzhen and over the bridge tours to Macau. Our varieties will offer you a more comprehensive understanding of our region. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Amazing tour guide with great sites. The bus and train rides were amazing! The food was also good where he bought us to.

Dear sir:

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Jacky was awesome and made sure to teach us all he could about the history of Hong Kong. The tour was very informative and we were able to see some amazingly breathtaking sights. A tour guide really gave us a better insight of the history of this area. I would definitely recommend it!

Dear Brandi C:

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I , along with our 14 year old grandson spent two different occasions with Jackie . He was full of knowledge and knew where to go and what to see. This was not our first time to Hong Kong but Jackie put a different slant to it. We would highly recommend him to anyone
Dr. Charles Sacks

Date of experience: January 2017

Dear Toothman84:

Reviewed May 31, 2017

I'm a veteran of multiple private tours all over the world. Jackie and This is Asia was unquestionably the worst, most laughable waste of money. We took the Macau "tour."

Usually Tripadvisor doesn't let me down. I figure a few bad reviews is par for the course. Please trust me when I say his bad reviews are spot on. Jackie speaks in a low, disinterested tone and worse shows no enthusiasm and no ability to parse out interesting facts or history. When asked to speak up, his exact words were "your parents can hear me." Well thanks duh, I was saying it because I can't hear you and we're sitting inside a car with me literally three feet from you.

He was so bad that my parents, who are two of the most easygoing, accepting people you will ever meet, asked me if we could just go back to the hotel for the rest of the afternoon and watch TV.

At the end, I debated whether to ask for a discount given we only completed half the day. Then I figured, well, it's not worth the trouble and this guy definitely needs the money more than me with tour guide skills like that.

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank Lawrence L
Jac W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Dear Mr Lee:

Thank you for your review! I have been doing private tours in Hong Kong and Macau for over 6 years now and it has been a pretty successful one so far where most guests who come to me would love to interact with me and that we communicate into discover your expectations of your private tour, understanding what may interest you and what may not. The majority of my guests are just like you and your family, regular Americans who are fascinated in seeing this southern Chinese region with rich colonial histories. I must point out your parents were very nice people who actually were fascinated about the region and would love to see more if possible. News came in when you approached Hong Kong that all of you had been sick/flu in turns while touring in mainland china and that your experience in mainland china was so terrible that you'd never go back again, so with your experience, timing and your feelings at that moment, the day was not going to turn out great anyway no matter how much I or the city's background can do to cheer you up. I do recall that a small number of people who come to me believe I have a soft voice and I do admit that so when you asked me to speak up I did and I believe it was loud enough and to be discreet enough that we are talking as a private group rather than yelling at you, my previous Korean guests did not experience such of an issue and I do understand you all mentioned you didn't want to come closer to me as I may possibly get the flu from you, I really appreciate and thank you for that. Being said you were moody from your trip in mainland china plus your health conditions plus your "take the money and come clean my shoes" kind of attitude, I believe it is more about learning how to communicate with other people rather than expecting respect only because you have the money, even your mother has noticed you were coming with an attitude and apologised to me, this review shows more of who you are rather than how you felt about the tour and it also shows all my reviews are by real people. Overall I believe I did gave a well informative Macau tour seeing its 500year old Portuguese histories, checking out local living and more recent developments which many of my tripadvisor reviews have shown and agreed and loved and that you have read about before coming to me, however if you were not satisfied with the tour (even if it was because you did not want to engage on my tour) I am happy to refund you.