“Couldn't have done it without Jacky”

This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour
4-Hour Private Hong Kong Layover Tour
Ranked #19 of 136 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Couldn't have done it without Jacky”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Jacky picked us up at our hotel in Hong Kong and "ferried" us to the ferry to Macau. Our trip was a little different because we were spending the night in Macau and then heading to the airport. Jacky assisted us in getting the tickets for the next day and showed us, when we reached Macau, exactly where we would need to go to catch the correct ferry to the airport.
I booked Jacky because I knew my husband would disappear into a casino and not be seen for awhile. I didn't want to tour alone (and Jacky was able to steer my husband to some of the casinos that offered what he wanted to play)
I will also say that Jacky kept an upbeat attitude even when mine wasn't as happy as usual. I was coming down with an awful cold but I wasn't sick enough to stay in the hotel. I couldn't quite tour at the pace that Jacky had planned but he rolled with it. I told him the top three things I wanted to see and that was that. I enjoyed my tour and hope one day to return to Macau to see the things that I missed!

1 Thank Thiabelle
Jacky W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Thiabelle:

Thank you for your email! Yes our tour was a quite special one as you would be heading back to HK airport to catch your flight on the next day. The ferry company had a fantastic service between Macau and HK airport where it makes so much easier to get to your flight compare to heading back all the way to Hong Kong. I understand that each differ person had their own priorities so I assisted your husband first with the casinos and left him there. Hope he enjoyed his time. I was also glad that I showed you the major sites of Macau even though you were not feeling so well. After all it was a great day and happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Thanks again for the review.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Hong Kong with Jacky Fantastic”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Jacky was an excellect guide, who spoke very good English. He knew a lot about Hong Kong and was very informative during the tour. He took us to Macau, Shenzhen, and Kowloon over 3 days. We loved the Portugese Egg Tarts. They were Yummy!!

He took photos of us and sent them via email to us after our tour. Thanks Jacky.

Visited July 2013
Jacky W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Cheesypoof2009:

Thank you for your review! It was a great opportunity for me to show you this combination of 3 tours. Each different city has its own charm and I was glad to show you all of them with its different urban developments and especially cultures. Happy to hear that you have enjoyed our time together and hope the memories will last. Thanks again for the review.
Punta Gorda, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“An excellent tour guide -”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Jacky was great! He was a few minutes early and sat down with us to see what we wanted to do. He gave us an excellent behind the scenes look of Hong Kong. It was not what you would typically see and that is what we were looking for. He also had us try local food from meat, bakeries, etc. We toured both Hong Kong island and Kowloon. We would HIGHLY recommend him. He also spoke excellent English.

Dear CAMellon:

Thank you for your review! I'm really glad that you enjoyed the tour. Showing local sceneries in Hong Kong is really like the back of my hand, but it's our experience together is what it matters. It was really happy to spend some quality time with you in Hong Kong, traveling the place just like a local would. Hope we'll meet up again to see Macau. Until then take care and thanks again for the review.
Reno, Nevada
639 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 430 helpful votes
“Macau Jacky Style”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Four of us chose to use Jacky's service to show us around Macau. It was so great to have a local show us the other side of Macau-not just the casinos. We started with a walk through the old Portugese historic area. We went through the museum and then on to the Grand Lisboa casino. Being from Nevada we weren't that interested in the casinos but we were really glad that Jacky insisted we visit at least one. There are differences from a Macau casino to a Las Vegas casino. Overall it was a terrific day. We almost missed our ferry back to Kowloon due to a problem with a purchase. Jacky maintained calm and helped us get on that ferry with a minute to spare! It's a day we will not soon forget.

Visited June 2013
Hi Deb W:

Thank you for you review! Yes I remembered how we rushed to the ferry on the last minute and you asked "why aren't we leaving?" We had some stressful minutes bu glad we made it! I have noticed that many people from America would not like to visit casinos in Macau, but I'm not there to show you another casino but really to show you the different cultures in a Macau casino which only takes 10 minutes for you to notice. I'm glad that you got to see it and understood what goes on in Macau. Hope we'll get another opportunity to meet for me to show you more of Hong Kong. Until then take care and hope we'll meet up soon. Thanks again for the review.
“I had an awesome time, I'm glad I did the tour.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Anytime you go on a foreign country tour it's a good idea to find a local guide. Not just a local guide, but a good one. Jacky was awesome! Jacky had perfect English and we had no problem communicating. Jacky being a native of Hong Kong, knows everything there is to know about the area and the culture, as well as the best routes and ways to get you where you need to go. In regards to transportation, customs, and all the logistics of moving about on our tour, what probably would've taken us half the day and hours of our own time and lots of stress to figure out on our own, Jacky was able to accomplish in a very short and efficient time frame. Jacky personalized the tour for us and made sure we were comfortable. I highly recommend Jacky and his tour. We had a blast and I'm glad we did it!

Visited June 2013
Dear kokiwong:

Thank you for your review! Many tourists coming to Hong Kong would actually want to do it by themselves knowing they would be okay. However Hong Kong is such a city with complications and with my guidance, we can manage out day out together just like breeze. I'm glad that you enjoyed the tour as much as I did and hope we'll have another opportunity for me to show you Macau on your next occasion. Until then take care and thanks again for the review.