“Want a great guide? Jacky is your man.”

This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour
4-Hour Private Hong Kong Layover Tour
Ranked #16 of 130 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
St. Albert, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Want a great guide? Jacky is your man.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I spent an evening with Jacky seeing Kowloon. His local knowledge and his language skills made the tour so very interesting. It was fun sampling the food along the way. We finished the evening by seeing the harbour light show. I appreciated his honesty regarding the show. We finished the evening by having a nice cool adult beverage in a pleasant place very close to my hotel. The next day I spent most of that day with Jacky seeing the sights of Hong Kong, riding the ferries and other forms of public transit. Best way to see the city. We had lunch at a great dim sum restaurant that didn't look like it saw many tourists.

I saw all that I wanted to see and learned a lot about a fascinating city from a native Hong Konger.

Visited June 2013
Jacky W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear dgb777:

Thank you for your review! Yes it was amazing to show you the evening streets of Kowloon, always exciting to see and people watch. The light show... It's not the best but we had to see it! Haha. It was a great location also for us to have drinks and wrap up our evening. Overall it was a great tour with you. Hope we'll get to catch up again soon and until then take care. Thanks again for the review.

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour Macau with Jacky Wong”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent a most interesting rainy Monday getting to know Macau earlier this month with Jacky Wong - a consummate professional with unique insights into this city. From the moment he met us at our hotel in Kowloon, he proved himself to be personable and completely trustworthy. I was immediately impressed by the route he selected to take us to the Macau Ferry Pier - instead of walking on the crowded streets of Kowloon, we went through Kowloon Park - a welcome parcel of green tranquility resplendent with flamingos! Our time in Macau was everything we could have hoped for and more - Jacky had lived there himself and in the course of a day guided us through all the highlights with expert pacing and understated intelligence. We felt fortunate to have found such an engaging and informative guide for our trip. We'll be back!

Dear TTLSH:

Thank you for your review! Yes the weather on our day out was not as promising, however we did manage to make it! The walk through Kowloon park was a great start of the day, I felt fortunate also to have you experienced the flamingos. Also our day out in Macau was great, showing you all the major sceneries. I hope you enjoyed as much as I did and hope we'll get to meet up again soon. Thanks again for the review.
Paris, France
“When you want the best...book Jacky!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I only had two day's in Hong Kong but with Jacky as my guide I managed to see everything I wanted to see, do all my shopping, and still managed to fit in plenty of other things as well. Jacky's local knowledge and language skill's are the best! ..his English is perfect!!.. and of course he speaks perfect Cantonese. Jacky effortlessly guided me around Hong Kong on a combination of buses, under ground trains, taxi's when required, and the Hong Kong ferry, which is a must see. Meeting me in the lobby of my Hotel Jacky immediately planned a schedule that would enable me to get everything done in the limited time I had. Friendly, relaxed, organised and a great companion for both days, I'm returning to Hong Kong shortly and I'll be booking Jacky again....because he's the best!! Shane / Europe

Dear Shane365:

Thank you for your review! It was a great evening tour we did and glad that you enjoyed it! Personal opinion I do believe that the evening tour is much better than the day tour as the evening streets of Hong Kong is much more lively and more exciting just to see. I'm glad that you did enjoyed the tour. Should you be coming back this way please do let me know and we'll hang out on another memorable day. Until then take care and thanks again for the review.
Doha, Qatar
“A Great Introduction to Macau!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were a group of two with one day to visit Macau. Jacky expertly guided us through Hong Kong and Macau immigration procedures and then provided us with an interesting introduction to Macau itself. From Portuguese churches to modern casinos, Jacky showed us the major sites of the city. Furthermore when he discerned that our interest lay chiefly with the Portuguese history of Macau, he modified his itinerary to show us more of these sites than originally planned. Overall, it was a great day out. Thank you!

Dear TAMacG:

Thank you for your review! When we first met I remembered I did asked you a little but about your background so I can alter the day a little to suit your needs. Understanding your background, I though it would be more important for you to see more of the histories that Macau offers and we were actually in the right city to do so. To really explore all of the 500yr old Portuguese histories, it would really take more than a day, but I managed to throw in only the fundamentals and really glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks again for your review.
Urbana, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Really enjoyed my tour with Jackie. I spent six hours exploring Hong Kong and Kowloon at just the right pace. Jackie hit the right places and provided an excellent insider's view to the city. We used just about every mode of transportation Hong Kong has to offer, visited a couple of great locals-only restaurants and saw some interesting sights. I give him my highest recommendation.

Visited May 2013
Dear Neoshiver:

Thank you for your review! My usual Hong Kong day tour is to show you the true local experience, seeing Hong Kong just like any other local would. I'm glad that we had to opportunity to do this and happy to hear that you really enjoyed the tour. Hope we'll get to catch up again soon and thanks again for the review.