“Hong Kong day tour”

Private Tour: Customized 4-Hour Hong Kong City Tour
Ranked #19 of 141 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had an 8 hour layover in Hong Kong. I found Jacky's email on the web and contacted him. He met us at the Airport and we had an outstanding tour of Hong Kong and Kowloon. We used the bus, train, tram and ferry. We also walked a lot. Jacky took us to parts of Hong Kong that the most tourists do not see. We did not see one other tourist at our lunch stop. Lunch was great and Jacky ordered a good variety of different traditional Hong Kong dishes. We truly enjoyed lunch. Jacky impressed me with his knowledge of the history and culture of Hong Kong. He checked with us on what we wanted to see and do. We had input into where we went and what we did. Although many times we just said: "take us to your favorite places". We are both in our 70s and Jacky would check to see how we were doing and adjusted the pace to suit our needs. My wife and I both feel our tour of Hong Kong was one of the real highlights of our vacation. We highly recommend Jacky. "TheRads", Dave and Nancy

Jacky W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Dave R:

Thank you and Nancy for the review! Seeing Hong Kong from a local's perspective is what I do best and I hope you really enjoyed the tour as much as I did. Hope we'll catch again soon.

There are newer reviews for This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We found Jacky on Trip Advisor and are very happy we did. He replied to our initial email almost instantly and we made arrangements for him to meet us at the Cruise Terminal. I initially thought that after reading many travel books that I could do it on my own. I had second thoughts about this and then sought help. Jacky toured with our group of four the entire day, ordered a great dim sum lunch for us and provided great insight into the city. It was foggy in the AM so we decided to forgo a visit to the Peak, however when it cleared up in the PM, Jacky changed plans and we hopped into a cab to go to the Peak, bypassing a long line waiting for the Tram. A the end of a long day Jacky offered suggestions for the evening as well as for the next day on our own. He implored us to call him if we needed his help which we did from Tai O. He seemed delighted that we called and helped us plan a ferry trip back to Tung Chun to the MTR. Call him for your travel plans and you will not be disappointed.

Dear irabraun:

Thank you for your review! Yes it was a typical January day and the weather was not always promising especially in the morning! Which makes me to change plans instantly to cater and to see other interesting parts of the city. I remembered it was very last minute for me to make the suggestion to go back to the peak from Kowloon as the day just suddenly cleared up in the late afternoon and I really wanted you to see the peak. Im glad we did it and I hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Jacky went out of his way to accommodate us, and was very willing to increase the length of the tour based on what we wanted to see, and to even change the itinerary based on what we wanted to do. We did a combination Kowloon nightlife tour with some food stops thrown in as well. I wanted an introduction to Chinese cuisine, and Jacky took us to a very authentic hot-pot restaurant. We had a good time eating the food, and Jacky gave us instructions on what was what, and how to "cook" the food. I also enjoyed traveling as the locals do, via the local Kowloon buses.

Dear Ervin P:

Thank you for your review! There were a few different answers on when you asked me "where does the locals eat?" We actually went on a more rough choice on the hot pot as I do understand that it would be really different for you. I'm sorry that I didn't explain to you it was a feast but I really hope you did enjoy the meal and it is some very typical local dinner. Hope you will get to try it out when you are at home. Overall I hope you did enjoy as much as I did and thanks again for the review.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Jacky was a great way to see Hong Kong. He met us at the cruise ship, gave us a very knowledgeable tour, he was organized and knew his way around. One of the gentelment in our party needed a dress shirt and he took us to a nice reasonable shop, perfect! We were a party of four and we all agreed that it was a great day!

1  Thank seekmyface

Dear seekmyface:

Thank you for your review! I do get many groups from cruise ships and most of them would like to enjoy a day out and to see as much as possible. The tours that are offered on the cruises are well organized buses where they would only take you to specific sites. However if you were interested to see the true local scenes, my walking tour would definitely be your choice where I would take you to see the local markets where only locals would go to, explaining what you seeing on the way. Basically seeing Hong Kong just like a local would. I hope you did enjoy our day out as much as I did and thanks again for the review.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

On a two month very upscale trip thru the Middle East and Asia . I have chosen top hotels and airlines , Seabourn as our cruise line and private tour guides based on trip advisor reviews .
What can I say . Our experience with Jacky was definitely well beyond what I would have expected. Forget about private car , driver and guide . Not only do you waste your money but you also waste precious time . Jacky's mantra is to do nothing twice . That means if you take the public mini bus up to the peak you will take the tram for the return . I have been on the peak several times before but I have never seen it as I saw it this time . This statement applies to our Lantau experience as well as to our Macao day trip . Jacky knows the hidden gems , be it a small but excellent Portuguese restaurant or be it the little ferry that goes to Lantau and no other tourist was aboard .

Bottom line an more then satisfying experience with a knowledgable well educated young man with style who knows where to take you and what to show you

2  Thank Flyingplumber

Dear Flyingplumber:

Thank you for your review! Yes it was a great 3 day out with you and I still remember that special ship that you took off on. To me, on our days out were just things that I usually do and of course I would try to tailor as much as I could to suit your personal preferences. Going out of the usual tourist way was not a special idea but just that I'm personally not a crowds person so I would try to steer off the usual tourists routes as much as I could yet at the same time get to show you stuff that you wanted to see. This would allow me to enjoy or day out also! I hope you had an amazing trip here in Asia and may the memories last. Hope to catch up again soon. Thanks again for the review.