“I would check further for assistance have hired a taxi to see as much or even Look further for help”

This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour
4-Hour Private Hong Kong Layover Tour
Ranked #19 of 136 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We all were very disappointed in Jack as a guide. We could have hired a taxi for $250 dollars or a little more and covered more. I use trip adviser a lot and was able to have terrific guides in Siem Reap, Cambodia and Beijing. Jack would not ever give us an idea what we were going to see. We could have taken our own taxi to Victoria peak and figure out how to take the ferry ourselves, and etc. We paid for our own transportation and got nothing really towards a guide, I guess some of this was my fault for not insisting some sort of schedule. But I suggest look further or do the touring yourself.

2 Thank pepper1025
Jacky W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your respond and appreciate your comment. I was not aware of your disappointment until I read this and I would like to appologise if I didn't meet your expectations. All my tours are walking tours as I believe for such a condensed city like HK it would be best to see it on foot so I can explain to you every sceneries appearing in front of you other than driving by all of them and not knowing anything. I believe that everybody is different and would require different taste to address their feelings, so at the beginning of each tour I would begin some small talk to ask if you had been to HK before, your understanding in chinese culture and asian culture and as well as understanding more of your background first. These criteria would allow me to get a better direction on your appetite that would best address your feelings. Yes I have to agree that HK itself is very easy to get around, but my position on your day out is also give you a smooth direction so you'll have a good flow yet seeing the maximum of what you should. If walking and being on the street with the locals was such a problem you would have pre-warned me and I could have organised it better. The bottom line is that it is really about what you are expecting as it is your private tour and I'm here to guide you through to make our day smooth, on the other hand if you were out of ideas and were just looking for a good day out, I'm sure I will give you your best day out based on my knowledge and decisions. Again, I sincerely appologise if I didn't meet your expectations.

Manila
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Very Insightful Tour with Jacky”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Jacky is a very energetic tour guide. As promised, he brought us all over Hong Kong and Kowloon in 8 hours. We could have gone further but we were so dead tired. We rode all form of transportation from train, ferry, electric tram, and bus. Jacky showed us the significance of each location like Shen Wan and Wanchai and bit and pieces of history here and there. Jacky also pointed out which food is very local and he even made us try a chinese rice cake. We requested Jacky to take us where we can buy computer peripherals and he even helped us in translating what we want with the stall owner. If you plan to go with Jacky, get ready to walk as this indeed is the best way to see, and feel Hongkong. One note though - Jacky relates better with adults than with kids.

Visited October 2012
Jacky W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear MrsKanga: Thank you for your comments! Yes Hong Kong is such a place where you muster walk to really get to feel the beat. Of course I do understand that in most other places, normal people would travel by car to get around, and they would drive to wherever they need to go, no need to walk at all. I used to do that also when I used to live overseas. But in Hong Kong is really the other way around, where it is actually more inconvenient, to spend time to find parking and walking from where you parked to the actual place of where you need to go. So that's why public transport is so efficient here and that's why everyone here does it! Our day out is more about letting you feel of how it's like being a local, so travelling around makes a good part of it and I hope you did feel that beat even so it might be tiring for you and the kids. I hope everything turned out okay for you on our tour and I apologies if I had might said something wrong to your children and gave them a bad impression. I'm usually okay with kids but maybe it didn't turn out on this very occasion.
Hope all is good and hopefully we'll meet again very soon.
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour of Macau”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I arranged a Macau day trip (from Hong Kong) with Jacky. Communication via e-mail was great and Jacky met us on time on the day of the tour. We traveled by subway to the ferry terminal and then by ferry to Macau. Jacky was extremely knowledgeable about Macau and took us all over the place. We definitely saw many sights that we would not have found on our own. After seeing historic Macau, we spent an hour or two going to the casinos (at our request). Overall, Jacky is an excellent tour guide and we would highly recommend utilizing his services.

Visited October 2012
Dear S1245: Thank you for your comments and glad to hear that you did enjoy seeing Macau. Yes it was really an enjoyable day, for you seeing the lace for the very first time and also getting to know abut local travels. I could only hope that I showed you more. Again, glad that you learned about Macau and hope you can get to see it again in the near future. Thank you and hope all is good.
Lennox Head, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The best tour guide in Hong Kong”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My friend and I visited Hong Kong recently onboard a cruise ship. We were in port for just one day. I have mobility problems and use a motorised scooter. The ship didn't offer any accessible tours but I wanted to participate in a day tour to see Hong Kong. Thankfully, I found Jacky Wong. Jacky was a fantastic tour guide. Despite my disabiliy and mobility limitations, Jacky escorted us on public transport and taxis, through local markets, to The Peak, shopping, a museum and a fabulous restaurant. His local knowledge, friendliness and professionalism enured our visit to Hong Kong was fantastic. I highly recommend Jacky.

Visited August 2012
Hi Karyn S: thank you for your comments! For your tour, I did actually had to think ahead a lot on what we can do in Hong Kong. Unlike in Australia, Hong Kong is not too much of a friendly place when it comes to ramped access. So I planned our way along and made sure you got to see as much as possible as I knew that you had limited time and it will be different for you to hope around so many places within the same day. I think the only trouble we had was going to the peak which I insisted and you enjoyed. Hope everything is well and thanks again!
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The only way to see Hong Kong”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Jacky Wong is definitely the best tour guide I have used. We had him show us around Hong Kong and Macau. He's punctual, knowledgeable and friendly. He took us from one end of Hong Kong to the other and we used every type of transportation available. We were then able to travel around confidently on the public transport system ourselves on the remainder of our trip. He is very flexible and can organize a tour to suit your needs. I highly recommend him.

Visited October 2012
Dear 255100Diane: Thank you for your comments! Yes it was a great time hanging out with you and the girls. It was a very special memory, especially at the bar at the Venetian! I couldn't say more than thank you. I hope you are all doing well in Victoria. Hope we'll get to catch up soon.