“Fun, but exhausting evening”

This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour
4-Hour Private Hong Kong Layover Tour
Ranked #16 of 130 Tours in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
los angeles
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Fun, but exhausting evening”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Jackie met us at our hotel (Kowloon Shangri-la) at 6pm for a 4 hour tour. We took the subway to the other end of Kowloon and pretty much walked the whole way back. Weaving in and out of all kinds of night markets, shopping and tons of food. My husband loves street vendors, Jackie had tons of great recommendations for food.

I would have liked to have had more time to sit and relax, 4 hours is a long time to be walking non stop, so depends on your priorities - more ground to cover, or time to enjoy the sites and soak it all in. I prefer to soak it in.

2 Thank cutecdnchick
Jacky W, Owner at This Is Asia Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hi cutecdnchick: thank you for your comments! Yes it is really about what you are expecting, the evening tour was not intended to party and enjoy the evening. It was more about experiencing the local culture. Hong Kong is a place where it lightens up in the evening when most of the locals are out dealing with their usual life rather than going back to their tiny living space. Being out in the evening really allows you to catch the jive of the local beat, experiencing a city in a different form. I'm sorry that we walked more than what you expected but I really wanted to show you more of what's on offer in the evening. Hope I'll have another opportunity to show you around again on your next occasion. Thank you again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice day with a nice tour guide--Jacky!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Jacky is a very nice person, he responded to my email very fast and answer every single questions that I have asked patiently. Because of him, we explored a different side of Macao successfully and did enjoy a lot throughout the journey. He is friendly and punctual. He brought us to go the must see places and ate all the must eat food there. He helped us to take a lot of pictures as well as we are a family trip that always like to take a lot of photos. He is responsible, and definitely will take good care of you throughout the way. If you have any special requirements, can talk to him, he will try his best to help you. So, just relax and depends on him, he is reliable. :)

Visited September 2012
Hi junehuien: thank you for your comments. I hope this was a real family treat for your family while I was showing you all around Macau. Macau itself is really a different place of most but for your family coming from a similar cultural background, I had to re-tailor to suit your needs where focusing on local culture was what I intended on. I'm glad that you did enjoyed the tour even though the temperature was not at its best. Hope will get to meet up soon and hope all is well.
Poznan, Poland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best tour guide !!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Jacky is in our opinion the perfect private tour guide, interesting, funny, openminded and has answered all our questions. He is definitely worth the money and we would recommend him to everybody who wants to see Hong Kong like a local.Thanks Jacky.

Visited October 2012
Hi Pawel W: thank you for your comments! Thank you for your credit of me, I really hope you had a great time while I was showing you around Hong Kong and only hope if I could showed you more. Thank you again and hope everything is well.
Musswellbrook
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fabulous guide”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Jacky was our first guide in Hong Kong and as such gave us a fantastic orientation to this great city. We used every form of transport , saw a vast area of the city ranging from the main island to Kowloon and from every facet of life that the city has to offer. Throughout the tour Jacky gave us an insight into the cities history and culture and added his own personal anecdotes. As Australians we particularly enjoyed his company as he had spent much of his adolescent years in Melbourne and could identify with where we came from. He was great company and we particularly enjoyed his sense of humour. If you are keen to see the city by foot with a guide that is great company as well as informative then I would highly recommend Jacky

1 Thank Lynne4Musswellbrook
Dear Lynne4Musswellbrook: thank you for your comments! I really appreciate! Great to hear that you did enjoy the tour. Hong Kong is truly a different place compared to the rest of the world. It is unique as itself with vast varieties of cultures and activities. Not to mention its world class transport system. Overall I gave you the best of of knowledge to show you the true face of Hong Kong and great to hear you enjoyed it also. Hope we'll get to meet sometime again. Thank you very much!
Redondo Beach, California
“Fantastic Tour Guide!!!! He is well worth it!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Jacky was great!!! Excellent tour guide. He showed us the true scenes of Hong Kong. It was an oringinal tour and gave us a view of the locals of Hong Kong. Jacky was great aswell. helped with the preperation prior to the actual tour assured that we were in good hands and we were!!! I would recommend him to close friends and family as well as anyone looking for a guide to show them the City of Hong Kong or macau!!!! Thanks Jacky! You made my Fiance's and My Trip one of a kind!

Visited August 2012
Dear courtney m: thank you for your comments! I'm so glad that you and your fiancé did enjoy while I was showing you around. Thanks again and hope all is good!