Butterfly on Victoria
  • Restaurant
Equinox Mercury(Hong Kong)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
iclub Fortress Hill Hotel(Hong Kong)
1,512 results
All reviewstin haucauseway bayair purifierpacific coffeemtr stationhandy phonepocket wifiexecutive roomconvenient locationboutique hotelrooms are smalllocal callsminute walkbus stopfree smartphoneexcellent locationenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My first trip to Hong Kong, I was impressed with the Butterfly on Victoria. Small, efficient room but nice bathroom, very clean and a comfortable bed. Even though the building exterior was being renovated, it was quiet. I was happy with the moderate price and can't say enough good things about the staff. They are so polite, helpful and friendly! The MTR station (Tin Hau ) is very close and convenient - (purchase an Octopus card at the airport!) Convention Center is 2 stops away, signage to get almost anywhere is excellent and the hotel staff are very knowledgeable. Their recommendations for nearby breakfast (Eos Café) were great! I plan on staying there each time I travel to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 19th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We are glad being able to offer you an impressive experience for your first trip to HK, and are especially pleased to hear your lovely comments about our guest services team. It's our pleasure making your stay enjoyable with our attentive services, and it's very great that you liked our eateries recommendations. Do contact us directly for planning your next stay with us, we will surely provide you the best offer, arrangement and most importantly another impressive staying experience.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stay here every trip each month I come to HK. All the staff including Grace, Aster and Tommy are very helpful and cannot do enough for me. The hotel is always very clean and its location is great.
Tin Hau is a super location which is not very touristy, yet you are close to all the highlights HK has to offer. The road outside is not noisy and there are some great cafes and bars in Tin Hau if you go and look for them.
I heartily recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

It's truly our honor to have such a loyalty guest like you. Thank you so much for your continuing support and your wonderful comments about our guest services team, we can't wait to welcome you back during your next visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Thank you for the excellent services while we stayed at your hotel in Causeway Bay. Your staff are friendly and helpful. Even though the room is small, it is clean and nice. The room is a bit too cold. Both the safe and the lighting are good. It is even better if we have a night light. We cannot open the blinds because of the construction outside - the room is too dark. Otherwise it is a very convenient location - only a block to the subway and bus station. All in all, it was a nice experience. Thanks!

Room Tip: The air conditioning is too strong! It is hard to adjust to the right temperature. Add a night light will be good either in the room or the bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

We are so pleased to hear your kind words about our guest services team. We will definitely check out air conditioning system and to ensure the most pleasant and comfortable environment are provided in each specific guest room. Thanks for your lovely feedback, we hope to welcome back soon for another wonderful experience.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Butterfly on Victoria is a mid-priced hotel that's a bit off the grid if you don't mind the short travel to the sights & shopping spots of HK. It's quick to hop on the MTR though as there's an Entrance/Exit to the MTR less than 50 steps away on the same street. I prefer this kind of location as it's not too touristy, it winds down around 11, 12 at night (unlike say, TST locations) but there are still places to grab a quick bite if midnight hunger pangs set in (from the entrance, walk to your right for local eateries like 2 or 3 streets away which stay open till late, and I think there are 2 7-11s around the vicinity, like 3 mins walk each). I also tried the local eatery to left side of the entrance, seems both locals and tourists frequent the place (and it's easy enough to order too!). There's also a Pacific Coffee Branch and a McDonald's on the same street, as well as a quaint bakery selling pastries and cute cake slices (which look pretty but aren't enough to satisfy my sweet tooth haha!)
The room is of course small, but more than enough for one person and good enough for two. It's a hotel after all, so linens are provided (bed is nice!), bathroom is ok, toiletries are provided, and there are coffee-making facilities as well as a mini-refrigerator to keep drinks cold. I didn't have a view (I don't think I even bothered to look out the windows for less than a minute) but after a whole day of shopping and going around I'd appreciate a safe, quiet place to go back to more as well as a hot shower and a comfortable bed.
On the other hand, if you're looking to shop around the 2-3 street radius of the hotel, there aren't any, there are hardly any other hotel facilities, and there's no waiting area in the lobby (so you can't really hang around there). Also, if you're the backpacking kind, this will definitely cost more than TST hostels and guesthouses. However, considering what I want out of an easy, chillout trip to HK I'd say this is a pretty smart choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank funhuntr
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thanks for your review, we are happy to know that you liked the hotel facilities and location. Butterfly on Victoria is in fact a favorite for travelers who prefer to stay in more peaceful and relax atmosphere, as in general the Hong Kong prime districts are very busy. It's great that you enjoyed the wide selection of eateries around as well, next time when you travel with us again we will definitely recommend some excellent restaurants for you to make your trip even more satisfied.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is my 1st stay at Butterfly on Victoria.and will not be the last.
I requested an early check-in as I arrived at hotel at 11.15am, 04Nov.
I was served immediately by smiling and courteous Front Desk staff.
The procedure was completed effortlessly.
The room was clean and of a reasonable size going by HK hotel standard.
Later, the Front Desk staff (Male), was so helpful in giving me suggestion on food styles available nearby,and where to eat if I wanted roasted meat.and also the nearest convenience store.
All in all, I had a restful night and a wonderful cup of coffee the next morning because the room has a modern coffee machine!

Thank you Butterfly on Victoria! Good job. Continue with the excellent service.
Regards,
Mrs Lawrence Tham CW (Singapore)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your review, it's so great to hear that you enjoyed your first encounter with Butterfly on Victoria so much. We are truly glad that you liked the hotel and that our guest services team have made your stay even more enjoyable. We can't wait to welcome you back and to serve you again.