“Everything is tiny!!”

Ranked #65 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Taipei
“Everything is tiny!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I booked this hotel due to its proximity to the MTR station (Tin Hau station), and easy access to anywhere on the HK side of the island. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby was bright, spacious, and the staff was very helpful and efficient during check-in.
I had booked my hotel through the internet, and they told me that I was upgraded (however, the room and bed were still tiny!). When you enter the elevator, you had to swipe your card before pressing the floor button, but I didn't like that feature as my card often malfunctioned. Anyways, it was a queen sized bed, but still tiny for anyone taller than 165 cm. Everything was packed into this tiny space, including the bathroom and shower. The room was clean though, and the shower had really good strong hot water. Something to look for after walking for a whole day sweltering in HK!
I had a room on the third floor, and there was not much of a view, but despite it being next to the road, there was not much noise, and did not bother me at night. What DID bother me was that a lot of the room cleaning was done at night ( around 10-11ish pm), and they did Slam the doors after cleaning.. which was troublesome, and could bother you during sleep.
Other than that, if you are just looking for a place to sleep at night and do not spend much time in the room,it's a good option, since it's in a convenient location. Although it does not offer breakfast, Pacific coffee place is just right next to the hotel, and there are plenty of other Cantonese style breakfast shops near the hotel.

Tips: ask for room in higher floor, the view on the third floor.. you can actually see your neighbor from across the street.
Cons: tiny tiny tiny....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Beijing, China
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We booked this hotel through the internet, I have to say it is not cheap, but you got what you pay for. The room is not large, but considerring in Hong Kong, it is not small either. We had a nice time during our stay. The Room is quite clean. The best part of the hotel is the location. It is just close to the MTR and easy to find a nice restaurant nearby.
Which we don't like is the room is cold, but this isn't the hotel's mistake. There is no aircondition in Hong Kong in winter, so be careful when you take a shower, you may get cold!
Anyway we are highly recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I tried Morrison Butterfly a few months ago & this time I changed to Victoria Butterfly. Both of them are good for value. In location, Victoria is much better, only a few minutes from the MTR, as opposed to over 10 minutes in Morrison. In room quality, I like Morrison more as it is more spacious, has a better view (overlooking the Happy Valley racecourse), and I felt a little bit 'claustrophobia' in Victoria. Plus there was some smell of smoke in the room. Even though the staff was very helpful & tried to help by using a machine to make the smell go away, I still felt a bit smoky smelly after 4 days (may be psychological)! In service, both are excellent as the staff (specially J) are of high quality: good command of language (both Chinese & English), helpful, polite, pleasant & knowledgeable. Me & my daughter felt homely and comfortable in the hotel! We will come back again!

Room Tip: smell the room first before you move in
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tam K
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a pleasant stay here in February. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by staff with opening of doors and moving in our luggage. While checking in, we were asked "Where are you planning to go?". We thought it was just a casual conversation, but while listing places of where we'd like to go, they were printing out maps for us. We didn't even have to ask! We thought that was really helpful.

The room was small, but I think it's comfortable for HK standards. The bed was comfortable. Free internet is always good. My friend and I both found the shower amazing. Perfect temperature and big showerheads.

We used their laundry service. We called down to tell them we had laundry to do, and they sent up a staff within 5 minutes.

The location of the hotel is convenient. 2 minutes away from Tin Hau MTR station. It's in a quieter area close to Victoria Park, but just 1 MTR station away from Causeway Bay (the hustling bustling area). There is a 24 hr dim sum restaurant across the street, and a Mcdonald's next door. I didn't care that there was no free breakfast... as McD's chinese breakfast was good enough for me. (and cheap).

The decor of the hotel is modern and nice. There was a scent in the lobby. Butterfly clips on their pillows tagging the firmness of their pillows. People complained about their washrooms... I could see how some may find it uncomfortable as some described it as being a part of the bedroom, but we found it had enough wall/divider and had no issues with it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Macau, China
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last time i visited Hong Kong, Rooms are clean, well designed, and small. I was told by the staff that we could have a free upgrade to a exclusive room, but we didn't get it. However, staff are very friendly and nice. The best thing about this hotel, is the location, is it very close to the MTR station, just about a 2-3 mins walk, and surrounded by many kinds of restuatants. Worth to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close from the MTR station.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed March 4, 2013

So I'll start with the good stuff. The staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful and pleasant and the location is wonderful. The rooms are clean and well taken care of. There were 2 things about the hotel that were particularly uncomfortable. The first was the length of the bed was so short I felt like my feet were not entirely on the bed. I'm not very tall so it wasn't too much of a problem but it was definitely not comfortable. I was also staying in an "executive" room so I can't even imagine how small the beds in the normal rooms are. The second was that the temperature controls in the room were not very good. Even with the air conditioner turned off and set at 30 degrees C, there was still a constant draft of cold air coming out of the air conditioner. When I called the front desk they did send up an extra blanket but lack of temperature control in the room was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, close to shops, restaurants, cafes and Victoria Park. Taxis are easy to get, it is close to the railway station and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms, although small, are well thought out, clean and comfortable. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a larger room if available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family