“Something differnt to do in hk! ”

Sideways (Driving Club)
Ranked #8 of 78 Fun & Games in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sideways Driving Club has been Hong Kong's premier racing simualtor centre for over 14yrs, with all the thrills of a high speed race track, but in a safe, clean environment. Sideways is for anyone who loves to experience "the real thing". This is as real as it gets; we use the same software as F1 teams use for driver training with heavy duty gear shifters, realistic F1 steering and brake pedal systems, in the World's best racing simulators. Race against the clock or race against upto 15 friends or colleagues, on the same track at the same time, this is the safest place to drive in Hong Kong.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Me, my sis and cuz booked the first session of the day so we were the only ones there and had the place to ourselves. :) the guy that runs the place was super friendly. Hes Canadian if that matters ha. Let us in early and served us some drinks, cool dude and explained what sideways was about. And gave a break down on what we were going to do for our 1 hour session. Since i grew up in the world of video games, gran turismo and forza. I thought the graphics were going to be a little better but they still did job. You start learning the easy cars and track then move up to the F1 cars. I was finding it a bit easy at the begining but then got harder once we jumped into the F1 car. If you do find it easier than expected like myself then get him to throw in some harder tracks or even give the maual configuration a go! All in all great service! Cool experience! Just needed a little more something... Maybe it was the graphics that didn't do it for me..

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Without a plan or an agenda for Hong Kong, I discovered this place using the "Near Me Now" feature of TripAdvisor's iPhone app - and absolutely worth it.

With not much time to spare, the staff were extremely helpful, setting me up with a 40 minute session; but in hind sight, I wish I had spent a few hours here. There's a genuine feeling of fun and a passion for racing that fills the space.

Whether you're an amateur or nearly pro, Sideways cultivates an atmosphere that's welcoming, engaging and highly entertaining. Needless to say, I was far from pro behind the wheel, but the staff were helpful by providing racing tips and strategies to improve.

Give it a shot. It's an exhilarating experience that will leave you smiling.

1  Thank HashtagAirBuds
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had a blast at Sideways even though I came just by myself.
One of the managers Todd was just fantastic at making sure I had a fun and memorable experience and went to great effort to customize my experience to my skill and progression on the simulator so that it was both exhilarating and challenging rather than frustrating. Sideways is a definite must do for anyone who enjoys motor sports and will give you taste of and a new appreciation for what it takes to be an F1 driver.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Tucked away down one of the many hilly backstreets of the Hollywood Rd area in Hong Kong this was an interesting diversion early on for our HK romp. 15-odd simulators that can all link together,genuine race telemetry via the same algorithm used by many F1 teams for training... You simply can't get more realistic than that. Lots of cool memorabilia. And it has a bar! If you're a rev-head and are in the area do yourself a favour. This is no XBox!

1  Thank Richnos
See more reviews
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been coming to HK for the length of time Sideways has been open and cannot believe I didn't find this place sooner. The map on the website makes it look further from LKF than what it is and it took me a second to find it because it is actually 1/2 up a flight of steps and not right on the street. I stopped in on a Monday afternoon and despite being busy with a couple of other patrons, Adrian was patient enough to walk me through the entire process and provide me a few last minute tips on proper technique. He was also nice enough to allow me to drive the Zhuhai Circuit versus the one everyone else was driving as part of their top 10 challenge.

Being completely new to the concept of simulator racing I stuck with the entry 30 minute race package and couldn't believe how quickly the time went by. If you're new to this I definitely recommend you book a full hour. It seems like a long time to be sitting in a cramped simulator but it takes at least 30 minutes just to get the feel of things and figure out how to keep the car on the track.

The added bonus is at the end you can see how your time stacked up against everyone else that has come into Sideways including many of the professional drivers who use Sideways simulators to get a feel for tracks they have never raced before.

I can't think of a better place to have a corporate outing, but even if your just a loner like myself it is a great experience. I will definitely be stopping in every time I am in HK.