“Great views” 4 of 5 bubbles

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great experience being that high. Alot of tourists so wearing jandels (thongs) and something a little less chic was ok. Coctails were amazing. Pricey but worth every penny. Music was ok, but the overall atmosphere was fun. They have an outdoor seating area that is mostly covered if it is raining and have heaters installed also. Well worth it.

Visited December 2012

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Service okay, drink and dessert horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The night view was all right - I was expecting it to be spectacular, but it wasn't, despite the fact that Hong Kong has the most beautiful skyline in the world.

Service was okay, but my experience was horrible. Let me count the ways.

1. I ordered the mango dessert, and after a couple minutes they told me they were out of stock. Disappointing, but fine...so I ordered the trio of lychee instead, and also ordered White Soul, a non-alcoholic drink (maybe that was the problem right there).

2. The White Soul (lychee-flavored drink) came with half the glass filled with ice. This is something I'd expect from like, Burger King, not a bar located in the Ritz-Carlton. Plus, it was rather forgettable...I couldn't taste the rose syrup or whatever else was supposed to be in this "cleanser."

3. After I finished my drink and waited for a few minutes, I asked where my dessert was, and for them to cancel it if it wasn't started yet.

4. The waitress comes by with the churro dessert. Turns out, she thought I said CHURRO when I said TRIO (I did specify "trio of lychee," and not just "trio"). I was very irritated at this point, and told her it wasn't what I ordered or wanted. Nevertheless, I gave it a try...and unsurprisingly it was rather plain, even after dipping it into some chocolate sauce.

5. I didn't bother finishing it, but I paid for it anyway. I was expecting them to take it off my bill but nope. To be fair, I didn't ask either, but at that point I just wanted to get out of there.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ted W
Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“WOW!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Amazing views 118 storeys above the street, cool tunes, nice crowd and wonderful french martinis. Did i mention the views?

Visited June 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Lots of reviews, will try to summarize.

Pros
View, quality of drinks, atmosphere, opulent, luxurious, only 90+ floor experience I have ever had with outdoor area, happy hour selection for 100HKD.

Cons
Difficult to find unless taxi to hotel entrance, weather unpredictable, can be busy/full so arrive early.

Price - Ritz-Carlton, 118th floor, Hong Kong! Of course it is "expensive." What do you expect? I am not wealthy, but I knew what to expect.

Overall, fantastic for me. We saw both the good and bad weather, so I can understand those who have had bad luck. Be aware of weather conditions as you are literally in the clouds (amazing!). Dragontini was recommended on Tripadvisor so we tried. Delicious and very much worth the recommendation.

Two thumbs up!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank jchanlifat
Glasgow, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wow! Sums this up perfectly. An experience that I will never forget. The Dragontinis were wonderful too.

Visited May 2013