“Nana, my favourite Thai Restaurant”
Review of Nana Banana Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Nana Banana Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Located in Wanchai, Nana Banana showcases Authentic Thai Cuisine. Like the Country, we offer a variety of flavors and discoveries. With subtle combinations of market-fresh ingredients, spices and herbs, our innovative specials change seasonally such as Phad Thai, Red and green curry, or traditional tom yum prawn soup. The restaurant is a vegetarian friendly with a wide choices of options. Eating ranks high on the Thai scale of pleasures.Open during lunch time and dinner (from 11am to 2pm), Nana Banana is more than just a restaurant, it's a destination for you to convene with friends, share, dine and enjoy the experience of Thai indigenous spices, good food and great service. And this experience so well savoured has been the basis on which we have formed many lasting friendships with our customers.
Hong Kong
“Nana, my favourite Thai Restaurant”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went there several times with my friends. They employed Thai Chefs from BKK, food are delicious, price reasonable and waitresses are very helpful.
Seafood are also fresh, especially the steam fish, yummie, yummie....
My friends like the shrimp cake, pha tai, tungyumgon soup very much, taste are originated with BKK, no MGS, food quality are excellent and lots to recommend,.....
They also provide over 100 types of whiskies which was ordered by the restaurant owner, a wine and whisky collector.
They always recommended me with right choices and suggested not to order too much, avoid wastage, which is not most restaurants will do!

• Visited September 2012

Hong Kong, China
“My favorite place for Thai cuisine and cocktails!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Nana Banana is a great restaurant with prefect location. It's a 5 mins walk from the MTR station. Although it is in WanChai, unlike most of the restaurants on that street, Nana Banana provides really comfortable seats, great hygiene for their customers. Their staff mostly are Thai who can speak Cantonese and of course English, communication definitely not a problem there.

Talking about the menu, they got a wide range of Thai cuisine to choose from. No matter appetizers or main or soup, u will find excellent choices there. Plus their food quality is so great that I always bring new friends to try. Two appetizers and a fried rice will be good enough for two girls! I also love their cocktail menu, and they got a great bartender who will make good suggestions for you!!

I would say it is a great place for a simple dinner with Thai cuisine and if you always like a glass or two cocktails to served with. It is a good place to chill with friends either u would or not to have dinner there. Plus they have a TV showing sports channel, a lot of big sports events are showing during night time.

Highly recommended to try!!

• Visited August 2012
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“"Looking for excellent authentic Thai Food!?"”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I used to work and lived in Hong Kong for 3 years. Nana Banana is one of my favorite Thai restaurants in Hong Kong. While I was there, I stopped by to get my dinner at least 4-5 times a week. Their food was fantastic and staffs were so friendly. As a Thai, I am very satisfied with the quality and quantity of what Nana Banana has put together. It made me feel like “home away from home”. Every time I went back to Hong Kong, Nana Banana is the only Thai restaurant that I would go for Thai food. If you have a long tough day and want to clear your head, why not ask the staff advice they have a huge collection of whisky. Highly recommended! Why not stop by on your next visit to Hong Kong, Try out and you’ll understand why I am in love Nana Banana!

• Visited January 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great Thai food, and a home away from home!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I’m a part-time (soon to be full-time) American expat who’s been spending summers in Hong Kong since 2007. I stumbled into Nana Banana one evening with a taste for Thai and immediately fell in love with the place. Excellent food, good libations and super-friendly staff make it a place you want to come back to.

And I do go back. In fact, I’ll confess: I go back so often when I’m in Asia that I call Nana Banana my “home away from home.” (I list my visit as August 2012 for this review, because that's the last time I was there.)

I love the cold salads — a tangy pomelo salad and a spicy Thai papaya salad are two faves — and the curries are fantastic. I recommend the roast duck with pineapple in red curry and any of the green curry dishes; stir-fry dishes with prawns — always plump and cooked to perfection, never overcooked — are also great, and their classic tom yum kung soup may be the best in all of Hong Kong. The kitchen’s use of Thai standards like lemongrass, chillies and Thai basil guarantees authentic tastes like you’d experience in Thailand. If you stop in at midday, there’s a very good set lunch at 68 Hong Kong dollars (less than $9 U.S.), though I often substitute the soft drink for a fresh young coconut. And you can still order from the excellent a la carte menu, too.

Thai beer lovers have a choice of either Singha or Chang, and other standard brews are available. The house wines are from South Africa, from the Robertson winery, and Nana’s has assembled a superb collection of single-malt whiskies from Scotland. Sometimes they hold tastings with a local expert.

All in all, it’s a great little restaurant in the middle of Hong Kong’s lively WanChai entertainment district. I’ve gone back many times and have yet to have a subpar meal. I’m sitting here in Florida thinking about my favorite Thai resto in HK, and my mouth has started to water….guess I’ll have to stop writing.

Joe Ritchie
Tallahassee, Florida

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Joe R
Hong Kong, China
“Authentic Thai restaurant in Hong Kong”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Many Thai restaurants in Hong Kong offer you Thai food with good taste, of course! But if you have been to Thailand you would realize that Nana Banana can offer you the real taste of Thai food. As a Thai like me I would highly recommend this place! Not only the food that I love, the whole team there are also Thai who always welcome you with friendly and smiley service. Plus the outstanding whiskey collection which is the biggest collection in Hong Kong (I've ever seen) makes this place so amazing!

• Visited October 2012