“noodles since 66”

Description: Ein Klassiker in Hong Kong, steht auch im Michelin
Telford, United Kingdom
“noodles since 66”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife is from HK & this was her favourite noodle shop growing up (there are 2 - split in a family food & both retained the important name!). She wanted me to go there to try there signature beef brisket noodles. It is a very old style traditional shop - you sit where you have chance on tables with others. The bowls are coloured depending on your order & that is how they calculate the final price. Service is fast & taste is good - good to experience local life...

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Well worth the visit”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This traditional chinese noodle shop is famous for its brisket egg noodles. It takes quite a few visits to find out the various ways to have their brisket. If you are looking for authentic chinese food, this is surely one of the best on offer in Hong Kong.

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“A good place for fish ball noodle”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I grow up in HK and fish ball noodle was one of my favorite since I was a kid. So I can called myself a fish ball expert. I tried to go for a fish ball noodle at least one time during my visit back to HK. During the last three years I went to On Lee once a year when I was in HK. They are good but still not as good as I had when I was a kid (about 40 years ago). I know that it is difficult to find the right kinds of fishes to make the fish ball anymore.
There are many fish ball noodle shop in HK and every one have there own receipt and ingredient. I found that On Lee is the shop which still tried their best to keep the traditional taste.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank skywalkerinbc
Vancouver, Canada
“Living up to reputation”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

These days all the good restaurants had been driven away from the city core due to ever-increasing rent. It was fortunate that this noodle outlet is easily accessible through MTR, just a short walk from the Shaukiwan station Exit B1. In Hong Kong, even the not so good restaurants sometimes have line-ups. Good restaurants are identified by the length of the line outside the shop, and therefore waiting is part of the food enjoyment process.
We visited the place before 11 am and of course no wait. The fish ball noodle came with the now rarity, three pieces of deep-fried fish skin, not good for health though, but extremely palatable. Another bowl of fish ball noodle mixed with clear soup beef briskets was equally delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and guess how much we have to pay, less than $70.

• Visited November 2012
Hong Kong, China
“great place for noodles if you do not mind the wait”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

There are two restaurants on the same street with the same Chinese name. I think the owners are related somehow. This one is across the street from a Chinese Temple. It also has a larger crowd waiting to get in.

I waited for 30 minutes today for lunch. If you go before noon or after 230, you should be able to get in without much waiting.

This noodle shop obtained some michelin recognition as it has a michelin label outside.

This is a typical Chinese noodle shop so be prepared to finish your meal and move on.

I ordered fish meatball noodles, and beef briskets. They are quite good.