“Need to have another go”

Paul Lafayet Patisserie Francaise
Ranked #45 of 407 Dessert in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Asian, European, French
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Central
Description: It is more than just a simple dessert. It is the ganache on a child’s lips; The mille-feuille after a dinner date; The crème brûlée to be shared with everyone at anytime. Tracing back to where we started, our founder Toni, travelled from France, the place where he was inspired to create his pastries, to the Greater China. PAUL LAFAYET comes from humble beginnings in 2010, the company was a single boutique in the heart of Kowloon, Hong Kong. From its modest storefront, PAUL LAFAYET expanded all over the city offering the finest in French pastry, faithful to the French tradition but topped with an Asian twist. The family-run patisserie continues to knead its passionate blend of traditional recipes and novel but delicate flavours. Every single treat is hand-crafted daily and made fresh as they come. PAUL LAFAYET promises to bring you a real taste of Paris from half a globe away. PAUL LAFAYET, a taste of home, love, and family. Indulge yourself!
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had a chocolate and raspberry macaron which came in a set served with coffee (the sister had the coffee). Flavour wise, it was yummy and there's still a slight exterior crunch to it. Would have liked to taste more flavours but sadly, time did not permit any of that to happen. Till we meet again someday?:)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Bought the apple rhubarb crumble, it was nice. Got some custard from Citysuper to go with it. Either I am unlucky cause, I couldn't taste any rhubarb but it was nice nevertheless. The apple was soft with a crunch and there is cinnamon, who doesn't love cinnamon? I like the crust as well as I like it crunchy.

Next, I had the tiramisu, I think this is quite average but still nice. I must say Paul Lafayet is quite extravagant, the apple crumble and tiramisu are both set in clay like pots and not your average flimsy plastic takeaways.

For the macarons, I bought banana balsamic, vanilla, earl grey, pistachio, jasmine, lychee.

Paul's macarons are BIG on flavor. I love it, its not overpowering. I am a big flavor person coming from south east asia, who isn't? But I am missing the balsamic here.

The lychee, vanilla, jasmine etc are all amazing.
they might need a little work on their texture. Some of the macarons will crack. That being said, the texture is not a big problem for me as its not falling apart and its still holding together, I will still buy from them again.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The macaroons were very good. The apple crumble was not bad. It even was served in a ceramic dish of sort with the name of the establishment. I am not sure if this is a semi-chain store, but the one in K11 mall was more of a take-away place. They have some tables but very limited. Nonetheless, the products look very fancy and yummy. So far, I have not seen any macaroon place in Asia that serves macaroons similar to the size of an Egg McMuffin as I have seen in Paris. But the macaroons are simply heavenly.

2  Thank Bgtsai
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Having tried laduree the day before, we got into the nacaron mood and decided to try those from paul lafayet.
Personally lafayet is better value: they were slightly sweeter but texture is nice. The oolong and earl grey were fantastic - we had second helpings.

2  Thank sporeantraveller
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Excellent Macaroons though a bit pricey, but it's worth it :) You can also try their tea to go with it.