“wonderful”

Ranked #242 of 9,712 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Since July 2015 Helmed by Chef Chris Keung 8 course tasting menu inspired by Chef Keung's Western upbringing and his influences from around Asia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was recently taken here along with a small party of friends. It was a splendid evening. The taster menu was accompanied by a variety of wines all of which matched wonderfully. I cannot pretend by to a fine dining regular, indeed the very mention of it fills my heart with dread of posey inadequate portions of over designed . BUT this was soooo good. I read one review recommending LPW for lovers of fine dining. I recommend it for lovers of FOOD. The tastes, the presentation, the care that Vicky Cheng and his team took over everything was delightful. I do not intend to review or describe the dishes individually, I have no desire to impress with my wide knowledge and experience nor to flaunt my lack of fine dining experience by sounding like an over written Nouvelle Cuisine menu. Just go try and see for yourselves, I'm certain you won't be disappointed. Sit in this contemporary convivial dining and watch the dishes being assembled, hear the precise description of each one (even the order one dish is to be eaten) and then treat your senses to cooking of the highest quality.
A grand evening.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited LPW in earlier this year and we absolutely loved it. We had a group of 7 from Sydney, and I spoke to Rocky in advance and he was happy to accommodate our group.
Watching Chef Vicky and his team work their magic so close to us was truly an awesome experience. Vicky freehand drawing the dessert was awesome!

The food was meticulously prepared and presented, truly up there with Sydney's best such as Momofuku Seiobo, Marque and Berowra Waters Inn.

One thing I did notice was that you kept the same cutlery for each dish, but I'm not sure if this is normal for HK fine dining? Not a big deal anyway, just different from what I've seen before.

Vicky stood around with us after the last dish had been served and chatted with our group for 10 minutes, what an cool guy!

I will be back the next time I am in HK.

A must try! :)

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Really innovative outstanding food - wonderfull view - a very good experience. But thi is not a traditional gourmet restaurant - because you sit around a bar where they prepare the food in the middle so dont expect classy service. If you are 4 persons you should absolutely ask to sit on a corner so you can talk together. A bit hard to find on the street and nobody knows it - you take the elevator up in a normal building so there is not a real sign on the street. We took up the elevator but for some reason it couldnt go all the way - we then went out on another floor where some people helped us to another elevator that took us up.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Atmosphere , makes me feel really modern home kitchen when first stepped in side and chefs were look a progressional guy that they so active

i believed chefs there still younger , but the idea, appearance and taste of foods so amazing even this restaurant not in list of World's best restaurant anyway

i swear to the god ... it was a really nice experience to dinner here

we seated in front of chef Vicky Cheng , he was very nice to explain all about his dishes

taste of every dishes unforgettable !!!!!

i m totally recommended this chef table here

but a little be difficult to booking ,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

10 course degustation menu - wow. It was amazing watching the chefs prepare each of the dishes in front of us. All delicious but I must admit very rich - by dessert I could barely lift my spoon. Restaurant seats only 26 - first seating 7.30 then the rest arrive at 8.30 so that they can stagger the courses.

It's on the 26th floor (?) of a building in Stanley Street in Central and also has a lovely view.

A wonderful experience and highly recommended.