“Quite unremarkable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Ranked #392 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel is situated on a market street, so the location is great if you want to be in the thick of it and get a feel for a really local yet still urban Hong Kong environment.
There is a tram terminal at the end of the street and it is just a couple minutes walk to the North Point MTR; you'll pass a couple supermarkets and 7Elevens on the way and other eating-holes (where you can get some nice congee) which is very good.

Checking in was very hard work, having booked and prepaid via Agoda.com 1 of the 2 bookings I made went missing. After talking to the manager via the check-in clerk's mobile phone, I was offered a family room, which the check-in clerk seemed to be really happy about.

The room had a double bed and a small sofa and was generally very small, so I am not quite sure what was 'family' about it. My friend got a single room which was literally a shoe-box.

The bathroom is a bath-cubicle with the whole frosted glass thing going on - so if you're not travelling alone or as a couple, be prepared to bond-well with your mates as you will be heard using the toilet and your silhouette, sexy or not, will be seen when using the shower.
The shower itself is nice, does the trick to wake you up - remember to turn the water heater switch on though if you prefer hot showers, as I forgot to do this the first morning.... brrrr!

The beds are rock hard! Like concrete. I woke up so stiff I pulled a muscle in my back trying to shower. Request a second duvet and use it as a mattress topper.

There is a microwave in the rooms, so if you get back from partying drunk and have the munchies, you can grab something to eat from 7Eleven and heat it up in your room.

No problems with room service - if you happen to bump into them they are a very polite and cheerful crew.
If you want to enjoy your time in your hotel chilling, probably best to book somewhere else, maybe where you can swing a cat.
If you plan on partying in Admiralty or Central e.g. Lan Kwai Fong, or generally looking for a more upmarket experience, you might be better of staying closer to those areas.

Overall very tidy and simple... nothing spectacular, just somewhere to sleep really.
For roughly £65 per night, it is what it is - it's no Premier Inn, but it's also not the UK, it's HK

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Billy M, Customer Service Officer at Printemp Hotel Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Darren,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Please allow me to apologize here that your experience here was not a perfect one.
First of all, thank you for your appreciation on our house-keeping service.
Our staff is always keen on interacting with our valuable guests.
Regarding the problem of the frosted glasses of the toilet you mentioned, we are virtually improving the design gradually.
We are certain that when you visit us again in the near future, our facilities and check-in efficiency will become much better.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Normally, you DO get what you pay for. Not so with Printemp Hotel. For the price, (under $100AUD per night for a double room) I highly recommend the Printemp.

The location was brilliant. Only 2 minute walk from MTR & bus stations.

From the moment I arrived the staff were very attentive and friendly. They helped me out with directions a number of times.

The restaurant was small, but served lovely, reasonably priced meals, (Western appetites catered for) with friendly, efficient staff.

The Printemp is a very safe place to stay. I never felt worried, and traveling as a single woman, security is a consideration for me.

Room Tip: I stayed in rm 503, on the fifth floor. It was a little noisy as my window opened out onto the stre...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JanBendigo

Dear Jan,

Thank you very much for your valuable opinion.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with Printemp.
I am pleased to know you were so satisfied with our location and our staff as well as our restaurant.
We will continue to provide excellent service to our guests and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed there in feb 2013 for around 2 weeks . This was the only one i managed to find , which offers a cheaper price if the duration of your stay in longer. And is able to accomodate me for 2 weeks straight . pictures are deceiving only with regards to the size. I stayed in the premium room(smallest) for a week , and the family room for the rest of my stay. Premium has one double bed , and is quite small. Family room has a double bed and a single bed. Its quite spacious . They have a microwave , and forks and spoons etc. but i recommend buying them yourself if u decide to eat inside at times. there is some sort of water cooler(clean) where u can fill your cups/bottles. no kettle .
Its noisy in the morning , as there is a row or markets below . Its clean , as every night a large truck which looks like those oil trucks , sprays the road to clean it . Transportation is simple . MTR is across 2 streets. Tram interchange station is just below hotel as well. And it cost only HKD$2 . Most impt wifi is not only free but very fast.

Room Tip: If u don't want to be disturb in the morning . Or don't want your room to be made etc. Put t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kbb0713
Billy M, Customer Service Officer at Printemp Hotel Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Kbb0713

Thank you for your valuable review.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here with Printemp.
A lot of our guests also share your appreciation on the unique street market right outside our hotel.
We are glad that you are satisfied with the transport, the cleanliness of the room and our free high-speed Wi-Fi too.
Thank you for your time once again and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the Printemp on the 9th floor for 3 nights from 5-7th March. It was located on a street market. Stalls started loading and unloading from supply trucks as early as 4:30 am on the last night. The first tram passed through the front of the hotel shortly after 5 am. My sleep was interrupted because of the above. Check in took ages because the man at reception could not find my booking. He was confident that I didn't book and spread out the day's booking in front of me, among which I located mine in no time. There was no chair in the room. I had to eat sitting on the bed. An electric kettle was supplied only on request. There was no light switch next to the bed meaning I either had to find my way from the bed to the wall next to the door where the switches were in pitch dark if I wanted to use the toilet in the middle of the night, or to leave the toilet light on. I chose the later option, and had to put up with light shining through the frost glass panel of the toilet the whole night. Cleanliness is OK. Transport is handy. However the place could have been much better managed to match its price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear DKLS,

Thank you for your invaluable opinion.
First of all, we are sorry that there were some misunderstandings between you and our staff when you checked in.
We have recently upgraded our hotel system that I can reassure you that check-in efficiency has been greatly enhanced already.
Regarding the layout and utilities of the room, we suggest you reflecting your opinion to us immediately after you check in on your next visit.
Other rooms with different view and layout could be offered upon request.
We sincerely hope that you can pay us another visit and I am sure that you will definitely have an entirely different experience.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Printemp Hotel. It was very close to the Subway which was very easy to get around. The Hotel/Apartment was situated on a street market which was great once we got used to the outdoor product. The apartment was small, but it fit myself, husband and adult son and our large suitcases. It was very clean and quiet. Laudry services were very economical and efficient as were the room rates. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michele L

Dear Michele,

Thank you for your valuable opinion.
We are glad that you found our room clean and quiet and our laundry service efficient and economical.
We will continue to improve ourselves to achieve an even higher standard.
We do hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was a bit worried about the environment and service of this hotel after reading the previous reviews of other travlers.
Nevertheless, my stay here was really much better than expected.
First, the hotel is very close to the Metro station and the tram station.
It took me only less than 5 mins to reach both of them.
They were the major means of transport I used during my stay.

The room is not big but definitely not small.
The environment inside is satisfactory.
I stayed there for 3 nights and I slept very well every night.
Did not really see any Cockroaches at all.
Good to see safe and fridge in good order.

Nothing special about the staff since I did not interact with them much.
But I could see that they were friendly to other guests.

Simply a nice trip here as I did not expect too much.
Good value for my money ,Definitely will come again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank W M
Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you want to experience the local way of life, this is the hotel to stay. In the morning the street in front is a wet market, and by the afternoon, it sells clothes and other stuff. The whole area is busy with locals from the early hours of the morning. My family of 3 enjoyed staying in the hotel for 3 nights. Cannot expect too much for the price we paid. My only complain was the bed was a little too hard. The place is near to the bus terminal, and MTR to "North Point". The tram passes right in front of the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family