“Promising little”

Description: Http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=11690
hong kong
“Promising little”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We arrived early one evening, doors open so one expects the place is open. It took ten minutes for any menu or order for drinks to arrive. Clearly trained service staff are problematic in Hong Kong but one begrudges the 10% service charge when one has to ask for things. Food was adequate but not amazing and Las Vegas based radio station music, albeit jazz, does not assist to create any atmosphere.

• Visited April 2012

Hong Kong
“A Gem”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We had not been to La Terrace for a couple of years. We considered it to be a small gem in Hong Kong.
We do receive a monthly newsletter and have seen that a North Atlantic Cod dish was mentioned. We believe that nothing can beat fish from cold waters. We ordered two starters to share, a tuna Tatar and pan fried Foie Gras and as main dish the Cod served with two spoons of risotto with truffle. We ended this meal with a plate of different French cheese.
To this we drank a Cotes du Rhone wine.
A fantastic meal and the cod was heavenly delicious. We were not disappointed.
We still recommend this as one of the best French restaurants in Hong Kong and still a gem. They do also have very good lunch alternatives and a good wine list.
We do recommend reservation for dinner.

• Visited February 2012
Singapore
“From being a diner to learning french cooking!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have no idea why I took so long to write this review. I have been to this restaurant several times. From lunch to dinner. The food is always excellent, so excellent that I was pre-occupied with savouring the food rather than taking pictures. Then I became weight-conscious. No heavy dinners.

Finally, I found the best answer. It started with throwing a cooking birthday party for the friend who introduced this restaurant to me. 8 of us had so much fun on a Saturday morning. Chef Rene Etienne is such a classic French chef and an entertainer. What better way to cook and eat rich french food as brunch and exercise it off, in the afternoon!!

It was so good that I organized another private cooking session. The best thing is that you can plan with the Chef the dishes you want to cook. An excellent way for bonding !!

I love the french food of this restaurant. Totally classic!!

1 Thank MouMou