“An excellent find”

Ranked #132 of 9,700 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Chôm Chôm is a place on Soho’s Peel Street to gather over beer and the delicious tastes of Vietnamese street food. A casual neighbourhood hangout inspired by Vietnam’s Bai Hoi culture of sipping draft beer on busy street corners, Chôm Chôm brings a new vibrant Vietnamese experience to Soho.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was in town for just a few days with some classmates, and was in charge of finding interesting places to eat every night. Chom Chom was a highlight of the trip. Very warm service, amazing food, lovely atmosphere. Everyone gushed over the evening. Reservations were needed in advance, so make sure to get them early.

Bottom line, when the group can't agree which of the dishes were the best, you know you're in for a treat .

1  Thank Gizani

Reviewed December 11, 2012

After a recent visit for lunch a few weeks ago I decided to host my birthday dinner for 15 at Chom Chom. Peter (owner/head chef) put together a set menu for us then took the time on the night to briefly explain the origins and concepts behind each course before we got under way.

The food was excellent with some of the usual dishes you would expect in a Vietnamese but not only well presented but also well thought out with each dish having a a wide range of flavours and textures.

The service was smooth and friendly and although the venue is the standard Hong Kong size it worked well as a venue for the dinner as we all sat at the bar like table to eat and mingled around during courses.

Feedback from the guests was all positive and I think a lot of them will be visiting again as will I.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The best Vietnamese in Hong Kong by far. From the layered five spice Pho broth cooked for hours to the welcoming, friendly, intimate ambience, this is my favorite place in HK to take out of town guests for a unique private kitchen experience with a quality only possible in HK. My husband and I go every time they change the dinner menu and since they opened earlier this year, we have been at least ten times. The founder, Peter, is inventive and creative with his contemporary interpretation of traditional Vietnamese staples. We loved the beef broth flavored ice cream on the December menu! Surprisingly excellent.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

You have to go searching to find ChomChom but one you've located this second floor tiny bar+restaurant on Wellington Street it will be worthwhile. We went for lunch and enjoyed a the set choice of spring rolls, pho and homemade lemongrass ginger drink for $90 HKD. We love pho and this was the best we've tasted. I had the spicy version which was so flavoursome with a good hint of spice but not so hot that you couldn't taste the broth. The beef pho which my wife ordered was beautifully subtle. I endulged in the homemade selection of ice cream, avocado, pumpkin and white chocolate. Book and enjoy this little gem in Central.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Chom CHom was recommended by a friend, after visiting yellow door kitchen and the mandarin oriental and a few restaurants of similar standard this was something completely incredible and very different. would recommend to anyone. A must do when going to HK

3  Thank lyndonlondon