“never eaten so bad as here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“never eaten so bad as here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Today I went with my wife to restaurant Tivoli. The restaurant looks great from outside so we decided to have our diner here.
When we stepped inside an enormous stinking smell came to our noses. Stupid enough we didn't leave. Strange enough after 10 minutes you don't smell it that much anymore. We ordered for a starter Parma ham with melon and Canadian salmon.
My wife got her food first and 15 minutes later, after I told the waiter that we like to eat together, my food arrived. The Parma ham was sliced to big and the color was not like it should be. My salmon was cold at one side and warm on the other side.
It was clear they took it out of the freezer and microwaved it.
Also no beautiful slices but some lumps.
You could see from the presentation of the food that it was not a really professional cook.
Anyway it was eatable but that's all.

As main dish I had scaloppine al limone. Veal with lemon sauce. My wife ordered ribeye.
We got our food and on our plate was a mix from potato and mashed potato, carrot and an strange vegetable. The potato mix was almost cold, the vegetables were cold and it all tasted horrible . The veal was to thick and dry and looked more as a schnitzel, no lemon sauce was with it only two very little pieces of lemon just enough for one drop of lemon. The ribeye had 70% fat and the meat what was left was also dry and had a strange taste.

We had a few bites looked at each other asked the bill and left. In a normal restaurant they would haved asked why we left without eating our food. But no questions asked. We paid and we were happy we were out of the smell and away from this terrible restaurant. Really never eaten zo bad in my life and I have been in a lot of restaurants in my life.

It was so terrible bad that I decided to register here to warn other people not to go there.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Alan S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wagga Wagga
“Pizza class for you guys”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Probably the most disappointing Pizzas we have had. We were going to have one between us as we were not particularly hungry however the waiter suggested they might be a bit small share one so we ordered two, different varieties we thought. They arrived and appeared to be not much more than Pizza base with cheese. Mmmmm. I know there should have been some cabarossi on at least one of them.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Budge45
“I'm Italian, DON'T EAT HERE!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Don't be fooled by the authentic decor, this so called 'restaraunt' serves the worst food I have ever experienced in my life. This is definitely NOT italian food!! The pizza was served on what seemed like a cracker biscuit. The pasta was served with a very sweet red sauce which does not resemble any type of Italian food. Save your self the pain of eating here and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Sources:
Italian born
foodie
Experienced international diner

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank InternationlFoodie
Wilmette, Illinois
“Lunch for one, Good specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was killing a bit of time in TST Jordan area when I chanced upon this place for lunch. I arrived at about 12:30 and there were about 15 people inside so I took a chance on them. I ordered the lunch special of soup and salad. By the time my soup arrived the place was 3/4 full and by the time my salad arrived there wasn't a seat to be had.
The food itself hit the spot although I wouldn't say it was the most traditional tomato bisque or chicken Cesar I've ever had. Service was adequate so long as you were aware you had to call to the server. I left my water bottle on the table as I left and they stored it for me when they bussed the table on my departure. When I returned a few minutes later I was happy they had kept it for me. All in all I'd eat here again alone or with partners so long as the meeting was meant to be casual.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“A popular Italian restaurant in the Jordan area of Kowloon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a dish of salad (Capli salad, they called it) and two pizzas (Margharita and "Tivoli") for our quick dinner. The salad was decent, but the pizzas were not quite as authentic tasting as the crust was too crunchy. Further, it wasn't salty enough, though this is a very sutle issue. Our comparison was made against the truly genuine pizzas from Naples.

The restaurant was filled with young people, partly because, we think, it was a Saturday evening. Its atmosphere was quite good.

Overall, the food was over-priced.

• Visited April 2013