“Don't miss it”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had dim sum twice during my trip. In my opinion, One Dim Sum serves better food than Tim Ho Wan. I think THW is overrated and the queueing system and service seriously needs to be improved.Imagine a large crowd standing in front of the shop with no apparent queueing system.

As compared to THW, One Dim Sum's service is much better and the pricing is really reasonable. My hubby and I ordered 8 items and we left the place fully satisfied. One item which I did not really enjoy was the century egg porridge. It tasted rather watery. Other than that, everything else was nice . Will be back!

2  Thank mskmouse

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My mum and I visited this dim sum place and was greatly encouraged by the line of people when we arrived just before 10am. We missed the first sitting and waited for an hour for a table. The place is quite small and seats only 40 people. If you don't want to wait, you can also take away. The quality of the food was ok (compared to Sydney standards) but is similar to other a lot more expensive dim sum places in Hong Kong. Our favourite dish was surprisingly the pork and century egg congee. It was totally delicious and had also dried oysters in it. We ordered 2 bowls of congee. We also tried their baked bbq pork buns but they were too sweet for our palate. The steamed dumplings were ok.

The food is quite cheap and the waitresses were friendly.

Overall, if you have to eat yum cha in Hong Kong, this is the place to go to.

1  Thank rmyat
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We loved this small restaurant. A lot of variety in dim sum and sooo unexpensive! We paid around 5€ for 2 persons and we ate a lot.
The owner is super friendly and comes to the tables to socialize with clients, even trying to say some words in their languages.
A must go in Hong Kong! I highly recommend it!

2  Thank Coroaci
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It is one of the better Dim Sum place in Hong Kong. Price is reasonable and the selection is large. The only complain is the place is small and the wait is long. Tip is go there early before the 11:00 am opening time.

3  Thank wachu12
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Was very busy outside when we arrived, make sure you are issued with a numbered ticket to get your place in the queue. We had a wait of about 30 minutes, but well worth it as the food is excellent. We chose 12 different items between 3 of us, which was more than enough & the total bill was 192 HK$ (about £20), an absolute bargain.

1  Thank Colin H