“confirmed: the best”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Although it's pretty small, the food is all delicious. It's definately the best expirience in HK.
Came back next day.
They could think of better pictures of the dishes, sometimes it's not too easy identify them when they are on table.

1  Thank santaslava
Write a ReviewReviews (2,238)

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Great dim sum, superb prices! Told the cashier I would help them advertise as great food are meant to be shared!

First things first, the location on tripadvisor is incorrect. The restaurant is located on the north-east quadrant at the junction of Tung Choi Rd and Playing Field Rd. Nearest MTR is Prince Edward. It opens at 11am weekdays, we got there at 10.45am and a queue was already forming. Glad we were early as ppl started coming in at 11.30am!

My fav dim sum there was the lo Mai Kai, best I have ever had! The fried egg stick was new to me but it was good too. Other dishes to try are ham shui kok, har gow etc. We ordered so much we took some back to the hotel.

Staff was excellent. Ppl warned me bout the lack of customer service in hk. Well definitely not here as everyone was jolly and attentive!

Will make it a mission to come back next time. Awesome.

3  Thank Austin J
Reviewed August 27, 2013

As a great fan of dim sum, I was determined to get to One Dim Sum during my stay in HK. We spent the morning in Mongkok and as we were stuffed from breakfast and we did not need any refuel stops. At around 2pm,, we asked around if any shop owners knew Playing fields Road. It would seem no one we asked knew the restaurant or the road. I went into an techno shop for assistance. Anyway, it was still a haze so decided to get a taxi. The driver seemed to know the location, but he went round the houses? I guess there was no direct route due to one way streets/roads. At last we arrived at our destination and was glad to see there were no queues. It was 3 pm, we were shown straight to our seat. Filled our tea cups with a welcome hot tea, I needed it!
Ticked the boxes on the menu sheet and the food arrived in a ziffy, hot and delicious. We had our usual fare with a few new ones. I scoffed the lot even though I was having dinner in less than 3 hours.
Upon leaving the cafe, Prince Edward Station is close by. I think the Playing Fields Road is a confusion and the locals do not know the street name as such.
One Dim Sum is not a fine dining establishment, it is fast a food cafe with great food and sharing tables with other diners.

3  Thank Amas
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Found this gem trolling through reviews on Tripadvisor. After braving the humidity and the Ladies Market in Mongkok for a few hours, we looked for this little tiny restaurant for a good feed.
Its located off Playing fields road corner intersection, near a seven eleven store.
We waited about 20 mins for a tiny seat (not good for all that shopping!) and was provided a menu to peruse and tick off what we wanted. They had the menu in every language imaginable. Service was quick and efficient. Only thing is they don't serve soft drinks just hot tea (and don't try the tap water or you may be sorry!)
Food was delicious, the recommended bbq pork bun was so saucy and so yummy. The food was really authentic and no short cuts were taken for them.
Service was great- the owner ( we think) attended to us, recommended us dishes and was good at being the face of the restaurant.
Lots of variety of food, only issue was the restaurant was small and spacing between tables was tight. Worth the walk and for two people who ate their hearts out we paid $110HKD ($16AUD). BARGAIN!

3  Thank Kpop80
Reviewed August 25, 2013

In my opinion this is not the no 1 restaurant in HKG, their is no no1 restaurant in HKG since food is so diverse, Chinese alone has several types of cuisine. Dim Sum is only one type.
Going back to one dim sum , place is small but clean hard to find its at the back side of a police station. long wait even after lunch time, waited for 30 min for 3pm snack.
Food quality is great but not fantastic, out of the 8 dim sum we had only about 3-4 are fantastic.
price is superb. i would rate this as no1 restaurant only due to price to food quality, for a city like
HKG HK$ 15 per dim sum is a steal