“Great Value for Money”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Let me this Hong Kong local comment as this: can't say this is the best dim sum in Hong Kong as there are really many many other equally good or even better dim sum places in HK. Yet, this restaurant is great value for money. Food hot and fresh, service quick and attentive, great price. I had dinner alone here about 6:30pm on Wednesday, ordered 4 dishes totally HK$85, didn't have to queue and wait. When I left, the queue outside was of 5 people only. Many people took away instead. Seating ok, but of course you know you come for food not for chatting.

This restaurant lacks of signature dish. On comparison, I like another dim sum place Tim Ho Wan more as they have chef BBQ pork bun and dessert.

It's easy to reach by exit A, Prince Edward MTR station. Just 2 mins walk.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wandered around a great deal to get yummy dim sums and this would remain in our memory as of one the best meals we have ever had. We spent 150 Hong Kong dollars and had about 10 different kinds of dim sums. Suggest going there during a weekday lunch meal to avoid ques(we still had to wait for 30 mins) in the rain. Try everything including some sesame paste dim sums... it's right next to the lrt so go when you are tired of mong kok

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

A 1-star Michelin Dim Sum restaurant in HongKong... The food here is very much comparable to all famous Tim Ho Wan in Hong Kong.

All portions are standard here and is pretty much good for a group of 3 or 4.

Easily accessible from the Prince Edward MTR station. Will definitely re-visit.

1  Thank Xaviersng
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews of Tim sum outlet/restaurant/chai chang ting in HK, was expecting more since its ranking is top 10 in Tripadvisor.

I would say its definitely above average. But nothing to shout at. Comparable to some outlets in Singapore serving Tim sum. The har gao there is better than Singapore. But the rest is nice but as mentioned earlier do not give me the "wow factor".

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Came here at the end of March. The dim sum is hands down the best I have had in HK. Forget the other ones, you must try this place. We arrived early, just before they opened, and avoided the queues. I am chinese and eat dim sum regularly, this place really deserves it high ranking.