“A Great Way to Get Aquainted with City” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts
Ranked #3 of 50 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Recommended by Hong Kong Tourism Board and led by true locals born and raised in this gastronomic mecca, Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours offers unique, small-group walking tours to help you explore Hong Kong's culinary culture. Our mission is to lead hungry souls from around the world to wander off the beaten path and taste some of Hong Kong's favorite foods. We have researched throughout the city, tried numerous eateries, talked to restaurant owners, before putting together an itinerary that features many of the locals' most-loved foods. Along our excursion, your Foodie guide will also lead you to discover some of Hong Kong's other flavors - its history, culture, architecture and neighborhoods. We will also show you some of Hong Kong's unique features and what makes our hometown so special. Our goal is for everyone to return to these neighborhoods with confidence and take advantage of the wide range of food and cultural options that our city has to offer. We are the only food tour company licensed by the Hong Kong Travel Agents Registry and we are a member of Travel Industry Council and Hong Kong Association of Travel Agents. All our Foodie guides are also licensed tour guides. We want to share with you our culinary knowledge, cultural heritage and lead you on a memorable tour of Hong Kong that will leave you with a great taste. Come join one of our Foodie guides on a memorable and unique experience of Hong Kong! For more information about the tastings, check tour availability or book a tour, please visit our website.
Toronto, Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“A Great Way to Get Aquainted with City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been living in HK for 4 years and by no means consider myself a foodie. I really enjoyed the tour. I experienced some great local cuisine I would otherwise never have discovered on my own and learned some of the history of these local cuisines. I also enjoyed the history lessons in between each of the stops. Even though the tour took about 4 hours (through Central and Sheung Wan) it didn't really feel like it was that long. The guides were very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. I wish I had done this tour when I first moved here!! I highly recommend it to anyone who is in town for a short time or anyone who has been living here for a while. There were 7 people in our tour group which ranged from couples, friends to solo travellers.

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An absolute must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I went on the Hong Kong Central tour and it was the absolute highlight of my time here so far. The enthusiasm and passion shown by the tour guides was second to none, and as a newcomer to Hong Kong it was a great way to learn all about the cuisine and the history.

The places we visited were all off the beaten track and I never would have discovered them if not for this tour. Wonderful food, and the sugar cane juice and tea house were also completely fascinating! I want to come back and do the other tour; it will be first on my list of things to do!

Finally, I thought this was just amazing value for money. We were walking and eating and drinking and talking for hours; they really could have just rushed round the places and then been done with it, but it was perfectly paced and every minute brought something new.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Iain C
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“the fab secrets of Sham Shui Po!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you want to experience HK at ground level - meet real locals and try authentic local dishes then this is a MUST DO tour. 3-4 of the most enjoyable hours you can have with Silvana (your guide) and a like minded group of food lovers. And Sham Shui Po is such a great place to visit. I went back several times during my HK stay just to eat at some of the places we visited and to shop at the street markets. It is so easy to get to on the MTR too. No good if you don't like walking, but that's why it's so interesting....you get to see more.
Mr Mak and other local 'personalities' add to the colour of this great foodie, cultural and historical experience. Thanks Silvana - you girls are on a winner! And I look forward to doing it again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Excellent Authentic Tour With A Clued Up Freindly Guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Silvana our guide was so clued up about everything we ate and saw, thank you for an amazing foodie experience in Sham Shui Po the authentic food tastings were amazing, We learned so much about the history and culture of the area as well, I was testing my partner afterwards about the things we saw along the way, It was a perfect day, Thanks again for a truly delicious experience, Andy & Stephen

Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great food reflecting on the history of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The guide was excellent, well informed on the history and 'story' of all the food tasting locations and the districts in general. Takes the risk out of trying some of the places that you always want to - authentic and those that have been in the family business for generations. Great variety, best wanton noodle soup i've ever tasted, dim sum, bbq pork, tea, sugar cane, and desert. GOLD.

Visited May 2013

Been to Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours? Share your experiences!