“Fantastic Hotel, Good Location near MTR”

Hotel Madera Hong Kong
Ranked #29 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fantastic Hotel, Good Location near MTR”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel, you'll be surprised with the small lobby, small reception area. But the hotel managed my arrival well and handled every request without any complaints. Room was just right. Booked 3 rooms of which one was a Deluxe Twin room which came with 2 separate showers. Bath tub even came with jacuzzi.

The hotel made me feel safe there as going up the lift, you can only go to your assigned floor and no other floors. They even have a floor dedicated to females i.e. no males allowed

Location was good. Very near to Jordan MTR. Lots of good food around especially at Peakes Street where you'll be able to find the delicious Mak Man Kee Wantan noodle, Australia Dairy House and in front of hotel Xin Dao Ji with its very delicious roasted suckling pig.

The Airport Express Bus to Kowloon stops in front of Eaton Hotel which is only a short 5 min walk away.

I'll definitely be coming back again for my next visit to HK.

Room Tip: Choose high floor and if possible get a room with separate shower. Mini bar comes free during the 1s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

New hotel, comfortable clean & quiet. Close to mtr station and a good range of restaurants. Nicely designed rooms, decent sized tv. Staff really pleasant & helpful. Great air conditioning, a must for HK in June!

• Stayed June 2013
Cuxhaven, Germany
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We are 2 male friends and booked one room at Hotel Madera, but that doesn't mean, that we are gay and like to stay together in a single room bed. Instead we wrote to the hotel after our booking (of a standard room) and before our stay and asked for a nice quiet room on a high floor. This was the most expensive hotel booking, I ever did on all my travels in the whole world and I really was not happy with what we got. Does the hotel direction really think a nice and new, but only single room with a queen bed on the 5th of 29 floors to the noisy street side (although in a small street, you hear the extreme noise from nearby Nathan Road, even with closed window and aircondition on) is the ideal place for 2 Europeans arriving after a long flight (we told them in advance) and only wanted to have a good nights sleep? When we complained for the room after check in we were told that the hotel was fulbooked and that our single room was a room for 2 persons. Indeed, in Hongkong you can find rooms not bigger than ours for 2 persons but then you only pay a third of what we did. So the next morning we again complained and asked for a compensation. The manager told us, he wouldn't do that and - when I refused to pay the full price - he said, that they would take the money from my credit card without my agreement (at home I saw, they really did). Instead he offered us a free room upgrade when coming to Hong Kong again. What a strange offer. My last visit to Hongkong was 16 years ago and my next will not be next week. And of course, we didn't get any vouchers for this upgrade, we simply should mention this verbal offering. Then he told us, that we would have got a bigger room by arrival, when we had asked for a room with 2 single beds. Must 2 men with different names really say that they want 2 single beds to get them? Do they think that all male guests not specially asking for 2 single beds are gay and like to stay in a single room? Before checking out in the morning we then took the oportunity to take a look at one of the 2 single bed rooms. Yes, that would have been a quite more spacious room - although too expensive for even that size.
What can we learn from this: if you're not gay, stay away. If you really want some space, better take another place and don't be so mad to book at Hotel Mad-era for a millionaire rate.

Room Tip: ask for a room with 2 single beds if you want a bigger room size and for a high floor, if you want l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After spending many hours trying to find an affordable and descent hotel in Hong kong I settled on this one for a mother daughter shopping trip. We stayed for a week and the Madera felt like home straight away.

Staff were amazingly helpful and provided many tips on places to go for drinks and dinner, however you MUST go up to the roof top bar on the 29th floor, amazing views and a great place to have a drink before heading out for the night.

The room was really clean and had such high quality furnishings, amenities. Everything felt so lush and new. Loved the Iphone dock in the room and the different light settings.
The bathroom has separate shower and bath and his and her sinks.

The mini bar was a nice touch. Try and get a room up on the top floors for decent views of hong kong.

Its only a couple of streets away from the Temple street night markets and with the Jordan MRT station a 3 min walk away it was so easy to get every where for shopping, eating and relaxing.

I will definitely go back to the Madera and recommend it to all my friends and family

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hong Kong is not exactly known for being the warmest of people, but service of the staff at the Madera Hotel defied this common (mis)perception.

Hong Kong is an expensive place and it took me a while to zero in on a hotel with a good location, reasonable rates and hopefully pleasant staff. The Madera Hotel did not disappoint.

It is very close to the Mong Kok station, but it is in a quiet side street. The subway station is just a corner away, around 3 minutes' walk. The hotel itself is fairly new, so you will enjoy crisp, new linen, fluffy, white towels. The room is a bit small, but I wouldn't say cramped. I've been in smaller but more expensive rooms in Hong Kong, so I won't complain about this. The bathroom is very clean, with a his and hers sink set-up.

My online booking did not include breakfast, though. And I don't think the hotel has a cafe or a restaurant. I am not sure about this. However, there is a cozy restaurant right in front of the hotel that serves more than decent food at reasonable prices.

The best surprise is the quality of service the staff extended. They were not off-putting, and were actually quite helpful each time we'd ask for suggestions.

Surely, I will be checking out other hotels to experience in my future trips to Hong Kong, but I am comforted by the thought that I can fall back on the Madera when I fail in my search for another great place to stay in.

Room Tip: Take the higher floors to reduce street sounds - the Mong Kok area can be noisy at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Aggie_Manalac
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The service is excellent. Very good located in Kowloon side. The rooms simple but good enough. Is a nice touch to have free minibar the first time. For the price, I won´t be very picky on some details so overall the value is unbeatable. I´m a gym rat, so I will always note that could be an improvement on the equipment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank draghignazzo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would absolutely recommend hotel Madera. It's new and clean. The standard room had enough space, nice bathroom and wide, comfortable bed. Excellent view from the rooftop bar. The breakfast was quite basic, but better than nothing. A bit pricey, but everything is in Hong Kong. The location is very good near the metro. You should also visit the chinese restaurant on the other side of the street. Full of locals, and the food was amazing (and cheap).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple