“Excellent!”

Ranked #22 of 9,957 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Inspired by the iconic food markets of Asia and Europe, with their vibrant atmosphere and abundant fresh produce, Hotel ICON presents a restaurant unlike any other. The Market's open kitchens serve international delights from antipasti to laksas to grilled beef. With separate sections for Deli, Sashimi, Hong Kong, Eastern and Western cuisine + Desserts, you can browse at your leisure. For special occasions, The Market's private dining room seats 15 people.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was here twice in the same day in the same day – for breakfast and then for dinner.

For breakfast, they have nice American style choices. Everything was tasty and plentiful. The food quality was excellent. Their orange juice was freshly squeezed.

For dinner, we had buffet. They had all kinds of international food that you can imagine. Their selection of curry was nice, plenty of meat, although if you are Asian, you may find it a bit too sweet (westerners love it sweet, while Asians prefer spicy). I mentioned this to the waiter and they came out with a more spicy curry just for me!

The atmosphere was excellent. I went to take a look at their open kitchen and it was very clean. I could see that things were really made from scratch. And all vegetables were fresh. The staff were always smiling and polite. More over they seemed to enjoy their job, which also makes this store more lively.

Some tips: On Fri night and Sat night, you may want to make a reservation, as they are quite crowded.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Loved the assortment of foods. Food was exceptional and fresh. Beautifully displayed dishes as well. Very crowded but the service was so exceptional that it made up for the crowds. We like it so much that we ate there twice. If you stayed at the hotel, they made sure you could get a reservation.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurants breakfast buffet, as they had many different types of food. They even went to the length to make a special place for Halal food as they knew that is all I will be eating.

The chef can cook you any morning dish you wanted and it was great.

1  Thank ASRomar10
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I ate here as a hotel guest on a very busy night. The buffet option seems expensive, but loads of people went for it. I had a Thai Green Curry with Sole off the menu. This came with plenty of fish and big chunks of Thai aubergine in a suitably spicy sauce. loads of sticky rice, a bowl of prawn crackers, and a bowl of green salad. All very well presented.

I was dining alone and given a table in a corner, but not shoved out of the way. The waiter came over and asked me if I would like a magazine to read and left three with me to flick through. I thought that was a really nice touch.

I thought the food, service, ambience and value fine and I was pleased I decided I couldn't be bothered to venture into Tsim Sha Tsui to find dinner as I had the night before.

1  Thank Yksurfer
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Market offered a huge array of world foods, served buffet style. Every type of lobster, langoustine, even a caviar bar, absolutely scrumptious! We were dining late, at almost 9pm and it closed at 10pm, so we found ourselves rushing to finish towards the end as the food was cleared away promptly.

1  Thank mkjan13

Been to The Market? Share your experiences!