Overall, this hotel was a great place to stay. It's located inside the Chungking Mansions. However, upon my arrival into the Tsim Sha Tsui area by airport express van, due to the particular drop off point, I had a bit of trouble finding the hotel's location but eventually after alot of hard work, I came across it.
Bottom line, the interiors of the rooms are EXTREMELY clean. That's the one true thing I noticed the entire time I remained in HK. As one of the previous reviewers wrote, for those who may be griping about how they don't want small rooms, no lodging without breakfast etc. you should probably pay a little more for those kinds of amenities.
However, for myself, it's a trip and thus high priced lodging is usually never my objective but for others, I know is.
The staff were very nice and quite helpful in many ways in the duration of stay.
The hotel has a hot water boiler and a microwave if you want to buy something at say a 7 Eleven and bring it back to your room. There is also a computer at the front door for those who wish to check emails and whatnot.
The air conditioning worked great although I didn't really need it that much anyways, and the ceiling fan worked as well.
The bathroom is very tiny with not much wiggle room to pass through. The shower will almost always have nice hot water (but was sometimes a tad cooler since I'm assuming others had used it at a particular and more recent time).
You will have to ask for a towel since they were not provided upon first arriving at my room and there was also no soap to use.
* Luckily I had read reviews via another website and decided to bring my own towel and soap so I was all set!
Finally, there's a TV, small refrigerator *(great for buying large bottles of water to keep when going out on daily excursions, as well as other snacks), and a nice warm blanket in case you get cold.
The other unique element about this hotel was that it was truly security minded. One must enter a code just to open the front door. Then after passing reception, there's yet another door that has to be accessed and another after that (but all using the same code).
Then you also get a turn key plus a key card to power the room.
Bottom line? I found that the hotel to be extremely safe to stay in.
I enjoyed staying at this hotel and would recommend other single travelers to do the same. The other great thing is that thing called 'location'. From the hotel and walking out to the main street? What street is it? None other than the infamous Nathan Road and the also very close Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station.
From the hotel the location was great as many of my day trips were simply accessed by this very road either by walking to a particular point or simply by jumping onto the MTR to get wherever I wanted to go.
* The only thing I will say and that was a minor disadvantage was that the elevators are frequently jam packed and one may have to wait a bit before catching a ride down to the ground floor. Going up there were almost no problems though. One can use the stairs to get down although they can look a little seedy sometimes and not very clean.
In conclusion? I'd certainly choose to remain here again if and when I return to HK (which I think I will at some point simply because the trip was really cool in general).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hostel is a part of the China of Dhillon Hotels Hong Kong Ltd. And is located at the heart of the city center and is catering to a lot of tourists and backpackers from Europe, America, Australia, Canada and rest of the world. We have single bed rooms for one to two persons and twin bedrooms for two to four people. We have facilities you can compare with any hotel. Our guesthouse is equipped with the latest CCTV surveillance systems and safe deposit box to ensure your belongings are safe all the time during your stay. Our guest house is renovated recently and the rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Our rooms are of superior quality with en-suite shower and toilet, hot and cold water 24 hours a day. Each room has a air conditioning, telephone for free local calls and remote control colored TV English and other regional channels. We have installed the latest High Speed Wi-Fi broadband to all our rooms and the lobby. We also have a business desk at the reception for fax, printouts, photocopy, scanning services. We can also arrange China Visa's in 24 hours and make travel arrangements during your stay in Hong Kong. Please feel free to approach our staff anytime and will find that our staff is friendly, hospitable and speak fluent English. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Day and Night Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Day And Night Hotel Hong Kong