“Superb gnocchi, creative dishes, quiet and friendly service.”
Review of La Piola - CLOSED

La Piola
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed March 10, 2013

You will be attracted to this restaurant because of the lively tapas bar they have at the street level. Manned by friendly and amiable Filipino bartenders, the clientele is a mix of locals and the expats. The restaurant though is at the second floor, a more subdued and quiet ambience.

We were served with a complimentary Parmesan ball, served on a Chinese spoon. With just a tinge of toasted cheese taste, it was a perfect dish to match the proseco we started with. Then I had the gnocchi with Gorgonzola cheese cream and it was a perfect Italian dish! As I found out, they made their own pasta. No wonder then the dish tasted fresh and every you tasted a portion, your mouth just watered for more! Downed with a nice brunello, the gnocchi is indeed a signature dish for La Piola.

My wife had an equally good angel hair pasta. As it was prepared by the restaurant, one can never go wrong with freshly-done pasta even it is simply mised with olive oil.

When you are in the Central area and you want to have a good Italian meal without the heavy burden on your wallet, try La Piola.

1  Thank GranDia
There are newer reviews for La Piola

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very simple! I love the food. My father had a steak dish was covered by a great salad with a lots of cheese! My kids had a great pastas. I had a very simple sea bass. Nothing special but all were good!

1  Thank Mina K
Reviewed February 23, 2013

After reading the reviews on trip advisor and being in that part of town I went with my wife to La Piola. Unlike a lot of the better resturants it is open all afternoon and a visit around 4pm on a Saturday afternoon I found it quite busy but able to get a seat.

We started with the chef's selection of 3 cold and 3 hot starters which were all excellant and a great way to sample the great food being served what was also nice was the waiter explaining what each dish was. For the main course we had the torfiette pasta and the polenta with italian chesse, both dishes were excellent and full of flavour.

A bit more expensive that some of the other resturants in the area but that has to be expected with the quality of food served, will definatly be back.

1  Thank RSTE1234
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

La Piola is an amazingly pleasant place.
Drinks are good (probably the best Spritz in Hong Kong!) and the food provided complementary at the apprerativo is delicious !
One of my favorite places in Hong Kong !

2  Thank ZMHK
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I chose this restaurant because of the reviews and I was not disappointed. The food was excellent and the the recommended wine equally wonderful. Authentic and friendly, great lively atmosphere. I felt I was back in Italy... I will for sure go back next time I'm in Hong Kong!

3  Thank hveflen