“You are paying for the experience, eat before you come!”

Ta Pantry Private Dinng & Catering
Ranked #6,146 of 8,959 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: About Ta Pantry Since its inception in 2008, Ta Pantry has thrilled guests with a series of creative, cuisine-driven menus showcasing chef Esther Sham's signature cooking style. The private kitchen's new address opened in 2015 is a homecoming of sorts for chef Sham, who is thrilled to return to the Star Street neighborhood. Ta Pantry can accommodate up to twenty guests in its intimate 600 sq ft space.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went here for a friends birthday and the room was STUNNING. It honestly looked like it was set up for a wedding and I loved the obscure location. Made a nice change from the hustle of central. The food was ok, I was expecting more. For me a lot of style over substance. I came away feeling very hungry as portions were small and although a lot of care had gone into the food, it fell short of the mark for me. Price was expensive for what it was. A one off for me.

There are newer reviews for Ta Pantry Private Dinng & Catering

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to the new Northpoint address for this restaurant. There are 3 private rooms each with their own balcony. We had 14 people all together. What an awesome night! The setting has been made up very simply but the entry to the restaurants is awesome! Ie the walls are old wooden wine cases.
The service is excellent - very attentive. It is BYO and licensed.
The food was interesting in a good way. Very different type of cuisine but there are several menus to choose from. Overall loved the food, ESP the dessert!

The balcony area is great for ore dinner drinks.

We went their with a whole lot of locals who we knew. Apparently this place is only known by the locals so its quite a great being a foreigner and having this experience! You have to book well n advance and you have to pay in advance too. (Around $HK700) Being a small restaurant they literally buy your food the day before. They also cater for food preferences. Ie our menu was 75% seafood. my husband and I don't eat seafood and they were able to cater for this in the set menu.

1  Thank TC77Syd
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went to the new location near North Point and we had a fabulous dinner. The food was succulent, tasty, and just enough. Service was excellent and we had very fun evening. The new location is great - warm, inviting, and not bad views too! Overall, a very pleasant dinner.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Had dinner recently at Ta Pantry and didn't find a single dish memorable! Loved the space and the chef was pleasant, she came out of the kitchen each time to introduce each course. But we paid over $600HK just for the dinner and were even charged extra for water which left me feeling like I'd been ripped off.

3  Thank AliciaPhxtoHK
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had the best meal of our week stay in Hong Kong. We first read about Hong Kong's private kitchens in the NYT. I emailed Chef Esther Sham concerning a reservation for Christmas eve. After some back and forth concerning details , we settled on lunch. On x-mas eve we showed up at her pretty apartment with just an adorable small but very professionally equipped kitchen (private kitchens in HK are located in private apartments). The dining room was beautifully set. The meal was a multi-course tour de force-- it was so creative mixing asian and western approaches. The dessert was one of the best I have ever had. Service was impeccable and Chef Esther is a really lovely young chef who proffered just the right amount of interaction with us. This is for anyone who wants a very local experience but exciting food.

2  Thank emma0003