“Great views but very touristy”

Lion's Pavilion at The Peak
and up
Peak Tram Sky Pass: Tram Ticket, Hong Kong Sky Tour and Sky Terrace 428 Entry
Ranked #28 of 845 things to do in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 1, 2013

You can spend at least a half of a day up at the Peak as there is plenty of things to do and see for the whole family. However, it is also a very popular tourist destination so expect large crowds. It is best to go early in the morning. The views from the Terrace from the Peak Tower of the Island and Kowloon skylines are worth the trip alone. However, if you are feeling energetic, there is the "peak circuit trail" which is a 2.8 kms long paved path which is relatively flat. However, the views from this path of Kowloon and HK are awesome and, in some ways, better than those from the Peak Tower.

1  Thank Indy215

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

It depends on places you visited before Hong Kong, but it's an awesome place, my advice check the weather forecast before heading there because that might change everything!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Go up to the Peak and come out of the top station. Take a left and walk 5 min. Then you arrive at the lookout.
Great view, in a nice temple shaped building.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

There's a lot to see here. The line to take the tram up to the Peak is long as heck. We were smart to take a taxi up there; this way we didn't have to be in the sun for hours just to go up there. We planned it out so that we can take the Peak Tram down for the experience. So at the Peak, there's food, a mall, and lots of sightseeing. There was so much to window shop and eat. There was free giveaways if you 'like' the Peak on Facebook. It was a reusable bag that you can fold it up and stuff it back into a dolphin. It was such a neat little souvenir for friends so I had all my family members help me get one. I saved myself time from thinking of what souvenirs to get friends. We had a little break at the Pacific Coffee Company, which is like their version of Starbucks. The view was amazing. The mall was mostly glass and so we got to see so much of the skyscrapers, mountains, and the ocean. I wanted to have dinner at the Peak Tower which had an amazing sight but we had a baby with us and it didn't seem appropriate to take a kid with us. So next time when I head back to Hong Kong, I am definitely going there again so I can enjoy the amazing sight.

2  Thank cinnabonnie
Reviewed August 20, 2013

First of all do not travel in the month of August to Hong Kong,coz we met with typhoon 1 and 3 and our trip was spoilt for 4 days,always raining etc,even the trip to the Peak went waste as I could not see a thing below due to thick fog all around.The fountain at the Peak Galleria was good,so was the tram taking us up and below,but the crowd was too much as we came to know that its Summer school holidays there and people from China too come to Hongkong for vacation.I took an online Late Saver ticket for Madame Tussads at 166 Hkg dollar per person besides 40 $ for return cable,did not take the sky view(luckily as anyways it was foggy) u can easily take the same view from Pearl of the peak exit door inside the area or from the observatory which is free for all from the side entrance to Peak Galleria,do not waste extra 35 $ if you going in any season.......lots of things to buy inside,its even cheaper and better than some items at Night market,i missed buying few thinking you would get a bargain down,dont think so ,do buy magnets,any small gifts here.Book tickets ahead for at times they may put up board for Madam Tussads that tickets sold for the day but do Ask then and they will sell,but if your plan is perfect wt no changes then save a lot with one day ahead booking for all 3 or just M.T or M.T with cable or M.T/Cable/ and Sky pass,,,,,,,,
do lot of reading and reviews before you travel,also keep an umbrella at all times