“Best Dim Sum”

DimDimSum Dim Sum Specialty Store (Jordan)
Order Online
Ranked #191 of 13,754 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Description: [1] 2012 NEWSWEEK FOODIE AWARDS - 101 BEST PLACES TO EAT IN THE WORLD [2] TimeOut Hong Kong 2011 - Food and Drink Awards: Best Dim Sum
Reviewed May 18, 2019

Service was good for Hong Kong standards. Definitely a bit more expensive then other options available but the standard of cooking is fantastic. We ate here twice in a 10 day stay in Hong Kong and it was great both times.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (658)

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

When in Hong Kong you have to get dim sum. There's a Tim Ho Wan near me and many other local dim sum places in Taipei so I wanted to try something new. That's how I found Dim Dim Sum.

This place is small, about the size of my living room, but they pack the people in with fast service. I showed up around 2pm and was quickly seated and given a menu to check off what I wanted. There was a carafe of tea ($4HK mandatory for each person) and you can get warm/hot water.

The staff is efficient and perfunctory. If you need something, ask. They are not there to anticipate your needs, which is not for everyone but it's classic Chinese style.

I ordered the shrimp dumplings, braised vegetables, steamed pork ribs, steamed BBQ pork buns, Malay cake, shrimp with eggplant and seafood in pan fried chili. I clearly over ordered and the people around me smirked as more dishes kept coming out. This was more than enough for two and I ended up eating it for dinner too.

The shrimp dumplings were good, better than standard. The steamed pork spare ribs were delicious, but took the longest to come out. I thought they had forgotten them. The shrimp with eggplant was fantastic. The seafood stuffed chili was good too but hard to bite through because the skin was left on. Then steamed BBQ pork buns had lots of filling and the Malay cake was not too sweet. The only let down and thing I didn't finish were the vegetables. I believe they were baby gailan but they had no seasoning or sauce on them. I'm used to it being served with oyster sauce drizzled on top.

My total bill came to $180HK which was about cheap for Hong Kong and what I expected to pay for so much food at an above standard level.

Cash only, no cards but they do have an English menu. There's a tiny bathroom and the air conditioning is adequate. None of the staff spoke English, that I could tell, but they did speak Mandarin to me and that got me through it.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank speedracer211
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

This branch is close to our hotel plus I've been to their branch in Mongkok so I thought to give this branch a try too. They are good as well. We all left a bit too full from all the dimsums we stuffed our mouths with.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

I WANNA EAT HERE AGAIN!!!! Must try is the chicken feet and “hakaw” they have wonderful selection of food!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 19, 2019

The location is pretty unique and not many tourist knows location. Located very near Elements shopping. You need to walk across the connecting bridge to Man Wui st. The signage is visible when you are on the bridge. Food is great and cheap. Some Dishes are better than Tim Ho Wan

Date of visit: March 2019