“Great Steak”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We just dropped in without a reservation at around 6:30 p.m. on Saturday night. The place was not too busy. We had to vacate the table by 9 p.m. which was fine by us. We thought the the appetizer we had (hearts of palm) was very good as was the steak (filet) cooked as ordered. The bread was not anything special but to be fair, we did not go there to taste the bread. The roasted sweet potatoes were also excellent. The creamed spinach was very good but on the cold side. We pointed that out. The wine recommended by the chef turned out to be very good too. The service was attentive but not overbearing.

1  Thank Debbie S

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is the second time I have eaten at Tango and submitted a review. I selected the restaurant for dinner with a colleague of mine passing through Hong Kong and based on my previous experience. Sad to say it did not live up to my expectation. I had the 14 oz. rump steak which I asked to be cooked the well done side of medium well. I could not eat about a third of the steak as it was cooked medium rare in the thicker part bordering on rare. The mushroom side order we had was overcooked and tasteless. The place was busy for a Wednesday evening and was pretty full by 8pm when we left. Maybe I got the wrong chef I don't know. I will be wary of going there again though after this experience.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Great quality steaks and other items on the menu we tried were also delicious. Service was attentive too, would recommend for a good night out

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Been there a couple of times and always enjoyable. They have a good selection of meat to cater all needs. I like the atmosphere and service as well. Plus consider their location and the standard of meat, their pricing is very reasonable!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Even when we lived in Hong Kong we would frequent Tango as a great location and great place to eat, centrally located on Wyndham Street.

We return every few months as we pass through, and it retains it's charm; excellent steaks, great provoleta to start, and sufficient sides to make sure you don't leave hungry. It is always busy, so always advisable to book.

The staff are good and friendly and service whilst not exceptional, is absolutely fine. Would recommend to residents and visitors alike.