“Fantastic experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went here with friends for dinner. The food was delicious! The staff were very friendly. The portion size was not huge (although one of the party had the veal chop which WAS huge!) but it was more than enough. Definitely recommended

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Every dish was artistic and delicious. The truffles.. and the steak was perfect temperature. It doesn't have the best views in town and it is always difficult to get reservation for dinner.

1  Thank Min Z
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have been again at 8 1/2 during the festive season. As usual, food was the best, and service close to perfection. Nobody can compete with any Risotto made by Chef Bombana

Reviewed January 6, 2014

As an Italian in Asia what I miss the most about the restaurant scene is creativity combined with simple and tasty food (and ingredients). Award winning Otto e Mezzo certainly does not need a special introduction for that. What people might be less likely to do, it is just have a less elaborate meal with a cocktail at the bar. And this is precisely my advice.

I went to the restaurant with a couple of friends, and instead of sitting in the main room, we stayed at the bar. We took the bar tender advice (he is the bar supervisor) on both food and drinks. Drink department: a vintage Negroni and an almost classic Telefonino. Both artistically crafted in front of us.
Then we were served an amazing selection of cold cuts and cheeses, selected for us, and followed by a main of our choice.

This was a way to enjoy a great restaurant without paying a prohibitive amount and enjoying a cozy and friendly atmosphere at the bar. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My friends had recommended this Michelin -starred Italian restaurant in Alexandra House previously, telling me that it was the best Italian restaurant in Hong Kong.

However , getting a reservation is no easy feat- one of my friends booked something like 2 months in advance for a lunchtime booking for six on a weekday.She was not able to get a dinner reservation confirmation.

The restaurant is fairly small and there are not ther many tables.When I went, every table was full. The food, while on the more expensive side is simply exquisite and really a cut above other top tier Italian restaurants in Hong Kong. We ordered the set menu which while not cheap was better value for money than the the ala carte menu.

Every single dish from starter to main was extremely tasty. The service was fairly decent but I was surprised as after the main course , it took a long time for desert to be served. We waited a long time until finally one of my friends had to go as he had another appointment. When we asked for his desert to be brought first, the wait staff brought his desert and ours very swiftly - so it was odd that they made us wait for quite a while before bringing desert in the first place. Also , the deserts are extremely large - one of my friends ordered an apple pie and I was shocked when a whole apple pie, and not one slice or two arrived! The desert portion could have fed 4 -5 people! It really was the "mother of all deserts"!

Although Otto e Mezzo has a long waiting list, it really serves extraordinary cuisine! Worth the long wait for a table !

1  Thank lizquek