“It is all about the food!”

8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana
Ranked #76 of 7,948 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central
Hong Kong, China
“It is all about the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

From the first mouthful of the appetizer to the last crumb of the chocolate cake, every mouthful was an exquisite experience! This is that kind of food that makes you slow down your intake, that makes you move the food around in your mouth, wondering what the flavours are that are so tantalising, a hint of something exotic yet most tastes quite familiar, just a little twist that elevates from the good to the superlative. Eating here is a long drawn-out gastronomic orgasm.

All 3 Michelin stars richly deserved!

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank AparnaS

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“Great value set lunch option for a 3 Michelin Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The three course set lunch is fantastic value and a great way to enjoy 3 Michelin Stars. The food was sublime. I had the wagyu beef as a main and it was melt in your mouth. Portions were small but probably to be expected from a set lunch menu. Decor is crisp and clean - nothing special but the food does the talking.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jimmy D
Vancouver
“Michelin Star falling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I made the dinner reservation one month ahead from overseas, and what a disappointment we had !!

If you want a server with a smile, don't go there. We didn't see any from our server all night.

If you expect reasonable food quantity for your HK$1080 ( about US$150) set menu per person, you will be left hungry. The two of us had to ask for a second basket of bread to fill our stomach. The portions were small. The first course of King Crab leg with caviar was table-spoon sized. The second course was a thumb-sized scampi. The third course was some mushroom slices on risotto. The fourth course was one single piece of lamb rack. The last dessert course was some multi-coloured jello in a white sauce. The foods were nothing special for that price. Wine pairing would cost you more.

You probably need to be a regular to get some attention from the manager and sommelier whom we noticed to spend most of the evening around one or two tables with perhaps special VIP customers.

The restaurant ceiling is also rather low on what looks like the mezzanine floor. So the place was quite loud even with the restaurant only half full that evening.

However it was our own misfortune that our next table was a young Chinese couple with shopping bags and both had their mobile phone in full display on their dinner table. They were talking very loudly throughout with no regard for others. I don't know what options the restaurant has to curb that kind of annoying behaviour. I suppose having the tables more spaced out or a minimum dress code would cut out that kind of nonsense.

More than being disappointed, we were actually punished for more than two hours enduring a most unpleasant dinner. We will never go back there again !!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank HLeeVancouver
London, United Kingdom
“Good night out in Hong Kong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Excellent food, a great selection of wines, and quite a unique view of Central out of the large picture window.

Service was generally friendly and knowledgeable, but not always that easy catching their eye.

The atmosphere was a tiny bit lacking; perhaps a tad too dark, a few too many guests on mobile phones, or just more business diners than social diners that night.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank GilbertoAndJorge
Taipei, Taiwan
“Not sure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I think the whole experience started off on the wrong foot when the restaurant called to re-confirm our reservation. The person on the phone was borderline rude and mentioned again that the dress code is business casual. I was already reminded of the dress code when I made the reservation. That sort of gave me an expection. When I was seated at the restaurant, I noticed that out of the entirely full restaurant, almost every table had a guest with jeans (some even wore ripped jeans). Hm...

I enjoyed the food; it was excellent, but I am fairly certain I will not go back again because something in the whole experience was off. It could've been the bad breath from the server when he was introducing my food, or having a server ironing/steaming the table cloth (she was setting the table for another seating) next to me.

Visited December 2012