“Fine dining”

Ranked #123 of 8,204 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Michelin-starred contemporary Cantonese and Chinese cuisine prepared by award-winning Chef Yu awaits discerning diners at Cuisine Cuisine at The Mira. Set against elegant décor with a cellar of the world’s finest wines, Cuisine Cuisine at The Mira offers a unique, modern dining experience that is a play on some of the most demanding Cantonese culinary traditions. In a setting of contemporary Asian elegance, Cuisine Cuisine at The Mira serves up Michelin-starred cuisine prepared to perfection.
London
“Fine dining”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Fine food in an elegant setting.

The dim sum was delicious, as were all the other dishes.

Expensive, but in line with other 'up market' restaurants.

Perfect for our business lunch.

• Visited December 2013
GerhardAicher, General Manager at Cuisine Cuisine at the Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hi Astazou
Thanks for your amazing review. I am pleased to hear that we were able to reach your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you at Cuisine Cuisine again!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Very very good”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our concierge booked us in here at late notice for 6 guests on a busy night. It was a little hard to find as it is in back of a shopping mall / hotel complex but was well worth it when we arrived. Service was very good and the food delicious. The Peking Duck is highly recommended with 2 separate types of servings combined. Fantastic. A really good meal and well worth going.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Wills1e
GerhardAicher, General Manager at Cuisine Cuisine at the Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Hi Wills1e
Thanks very much for your review. Great to know that you had a wonderful evening with us. Please do return and I hope to see you soon!
With warm regards
Las Pinas, Philippines
“Very good food but the service remains to be seen”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Dining at Cuisine Cuisine was on our to do list in our last HK trip. The food did not let us down. It was superb. The steamed wild mushroom and black truffle dumpling was stellar. Will be back to Cuisine Cuisine just for that. The Crisp taro puff with foie gras was another hit as were the turnip cake and beef meatball. Steamed buns with barbecued pork was unbelievable soft and savoury. However, the service was a let down. The staff were accommodating and will help you out especially the head waiter who roams around looking for confused tourists. Not all waiters can understand English. It wash't the a form of miscommunication that was the issue but more of a lack of care. We had availed of their all you can eat dim sum as suggested by their concierge and we did want to sample everything. The first waiter who attended to us offered to order for us and we happily agreed thinking this was the norm. The food came out in instalment and quite frankly, very slow (lunch lasted for a couple of hours). There was no explanation until half of the lunch was over. By this time, we took it upon ourselves to order some more items that we liked that were part of the buffet but they didn't all arrive. We also had to follow up our additional orders of non dim sum items. It seemed unusual that these were to come last.

I wouldn't dissuade anyone from trying their cuisine because it is quite delectable. I still long for another bite of that delightful wild mushroom and black truffle morsel. Just taper your expectations on service and expect the wait.

Hi beap_manila
Many thanks for your comments. It is my pleasure to hear that you liked the food at Cuisine Cuisine but very disappointing that you did not enjoy the service to its fullest. Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with our Restaurant Manager for immediate improvements on the service level, in order to bring it back up to what we stand for. I hope you will have a much better experience next time and do try our Peking Duck on your next visit, as many positive reviews constantly reveal. Look forward to welcoming you again soon!
London
“Poor”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I hate having to give a bad review of a restaurant, but Cuisine Cuisine was genuinely very poor. Even if it did not have its Michelin star, I would still say it is bad ten compared with a "normal" restaurant.

We had one of the cheaper tasting menus. Northing stood out as being particularly good, but there were some series low-lights such as an uninspiring broth with some bok choy in it. For the avoidance of doubt, I did not come away with a bad impression because the food was "too authentically Chinese" - in fact I don't think it was. It was, regrettably, just poor by any objective standard. Service was, sadly, lacklustre as well.

Fortunately HK is well served by many other excellent Michelin starred restaurants so you will not starve!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TheGreatRonando
Dear TheGreatRonando
Appreciate again your time spent on posting the review. Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment and please rest assured that I have addressed the issues with our Executive Chef in order to bring the quality back up to standards. I hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly at gmoffice@themirahotel.com if you have any further comments / feedback.
Best regards
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful service, great food”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I came here with family yesterday for lunch and the service ruined our experience, even though the food was delicious. After we sat down at our table, we waited several minutes for the menus, until we eventually stopped the waiter to ask for one. The same thing happened with the cloth napkins - even after the food arrived, we were not given napkins until we asked for them.

When the waiter brought us our tea, my aunt decided to take the teapot off the turntable and place it next to her. The waiter shook his head and made a disapproving face at this, as if she had done something wrong.

Then we were brought our first three baskets of dim sum. After we started eating, we suspected we were given the wrong order (e.g. black truffle dumplings instead of white truffle dumplings), but were unsure because the waiter had not explained what was in each basket. When we told the waiter, he started removing the baskets from our table without any apology. I then noticed he was standing next to me, and when I looked at him, he gestured rudely at my bowl to indicate that he was taking the 1/3 black truffle dumpling I hadn't finished eating. None of this would have been a big deal, except that he treated us with such disdain. It was infuriating.

When the check came, we were not asked how the meal was, as is standard for restaurants of this price. In fact, as I was signing the check, the staff member burped as he stood next to me. At this point, I was in shock as to how awful the service was at this restaurant. I have dined at the Cuisine Cuisine in the IFC several times over the years, and the service has always been impeccable. Here, we were treated as if the waiters were doing us a favour. Unacceptable for a supposed 1-Michelin star restaurant. I definitely do NOT recommend it.

1 Thank thewanderingfoody
GerhardAicher, General Manager at Cuisine Cuisine at the Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear thewanderingfoody
Thanks for your review. I am terribly sorry and feel disappointed to read of your experience at Cuisine Cuisine. This is by no means the level of service that you have come to expect from our hotel and I truly appreciate that you have taken the time to outline your impressions that have tainted your dining experience drastically. I am extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction and I also feel that the usual high standards of our services were not met in this instance. Please accept my sincere apologies for such shortfall and I would like to assure you that going forward we shall look into intensifying our training on specific areas of concern to ensure our team members are well versed in providing all our guests with unrivalled service at all times. I hope despite an experience that could have been far more superior, you did enjoy the food and will give us the opportunity again to visit Cuisine Cuisine in the future. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gmoffice@themirahotel.com if I can be of any further assistance.