“Great Pizza and Pasta with a View”

Pizza Express (Ocean Terminal)
Ranked #120 of 9,989 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We tried the Pizza Express at Ocean Terminal even though there was a branch closer to our hotel because of the fantastic view overlooking the Harbor. Although we were not seated along the windows (you had to make reservations weeks in advance for a weekend seating), we could still enjoy the view from our table.
We tried two pizzas, the Pomodoro Pesto and the Romano with four different flavours; we also had two pastas, the Spaghetti Aglio Olio and Spaghetti ai Frutti di Mare. The food was good although I thought the price was too expensive. But again, the view was so beautiful so that should be given points for the overall experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I was chuffed when I saw Pizza Express. The menu is the same in the UK and the pizzas are lovely. You get a nice view of the harbour.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Really disappointing experience. Made a reservation for 3.30, arrived at 3.15, were given a table and told we had to be out by 4.45 which was fine except for the fact the order took 40+ minutes to make it to the table. Other diners were seated after us and received their food before us. Romano pizza was too thick, and quality of ingredients just not up to normal Pizza Express standard. Outlet at the airport serves much better pizza.

pizzaexpresshk, General Manager at Pizza Express (Ocean Terminal), responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear EconomyLifestyle,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We would like to find out more so that we fix the problems - if possible please can you email us at negative@pizzaexpress.com.hk.

Yours sincerely,

The PizzaExpress Team

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the very best of Pizza Express as it used to be in the UK before it become a cheap chain. Fantastic food and service the food has some unique local twists it would be great if we could get this level of quality back in the UK. thank you :) Fantastic views of the harbour.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My kids love pasta and pizza and we always eat at Italian restaurants when on holidays.
We went there on Easter Sunday night and the place was full at 19h30. The girl was nice and told us that in 45 minutes we could have a table so we just went to Toys’R’Us and when we went back they already had a table for us, near the window with nice views of the harbor. It was a dinner with a view.
If you want to have a private conversation with somebody this is not the place as the other table was 10 cm or less from my family table.
Staff was nice and the food on the kids menu was fast to arrive. My son had lasagna, I had fusilli with mushrooms and my husband had calzone. My husband complained that the ingredients inside the calzone were cold. My pasta was ok, my son said lasagna was also ok and my daughter said her spaghetti was good.
I asked ice lemon tea and it has free refill. I didn’t even have to ask, as the staff refills it when I finished the first cup.
Then my son asked for Tiramisu, his favorite dessert and we waited a bit, then later a staff come to apologize because the tiramisu was sold out and asked if we wanted other dessert. My son asked an ice cream that they bring a few minutes later but no spoon. We had to ask another staff for the spoon, and then he apologized again and told us that the dessert was on the house and we would not be charged for it. We were surprised as we were not expecting it. The price of the whole meal was normal for Hong Kong standards; we paid HKD675.00 for the 4, one kid’s meal. I know we will return when we go back to Hong Kong.

pizzaexpresshk, General Manager at Pizza Express (Ocean Terminal), responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear SmasKim,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant. I am sorry to hear of the problems that you mention with regard to service and will address these with the waiting team. I will also investigate the problem with the calzone with our chefs to ensure that this does not happen again.

Yours sincerely,