“Great tapas menu and relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Latitude 22 - CLOSED

Latitude 22
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Hong Kong
“Great tapas menu and relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've eaten at Latitude many times and have never been disappointed with the food or the service. While some reviewers have commented that they don't like waiting for food - I have to say that finding somewhere that serves dishes that are made to order with fresh ingredients is a delight. The owner-chef has created an interesting menu which provides an impressive range of delicious options. Front of house the staff work hard to keep the customers happy, serving drinks and conversation with guests and adding to the friendly atmosphere in the restaurant. This is definitely a restaurant that I would recommend to friends. I also bring people who are visiting from out of town or local friends who have not yet had an opportunity to eat here. None have left disappointed! Keep up the great work guys!

• Visited December 2012
29 Thank Hilleke

• Polish first
Hong Kong, China
“Delicious food & Good service at reasonable price!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My friend and I walked along the street up and down looking for a restaurant just to fill our tummy for the night.

Walked passed this one and though we might just pop in and have a try.

We first ordered a jub of Shangria, it was ok.

Then came the food, we first mentioned the mushroom, then the waitress recommended the bread to go with it. We asked whether we could do with pizza as we originally wanted pizza with cheese. She kindly explained the mushroom is in a very rich sauce that it best goes with the bread. If we wanted the bread later, we could also do so, but the mushroom will then be cold as the bread will be freshly made. So we decided to go for the waitress' recommendation.

To be honest, we both think we were lucky to go for what was recommended... Very nice mushroom dish and the sauce was rich but absolutely great with the bread to balanced it out. The bread with herbs is also nice.

Then we had the garlic spicy shrimps... absolutely gorgeous with myself licking all my fingers! The sauce was amazing... if you find it spicy, well I personally think it was very very mild but still some might find it hot, there's side sauce that you can dip the shrimp in to balance the spiciness.

Finally the beef fillet, stunning! so delicious that we wanted more but we were so full.

Although dishes weren't big as they are tapas! But it was fine for the two of us.

We were served with the dessert wine at the end, sweet and nice!!!

The chef and waitresses were so nice and found ourselves very welcome and well served!

What suprised us was the bill... weren't expensive at all in Soho!

What more can you ask for? I will definitely go again, but if you go, I think it's best to make reservation in advance as there weren't many tables. It was cosy!

• Visited December 2012
29 Thank Karen W
Hong Kong, China
“Disappointed despite good ratings here”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It took a very long time to bring light tapas, portions were tiny and prices not low. The food was average.

Very limited menu.

Agree with the other reviewer who called this place pseudo Spanish.

Do not recommend.

Visited December 2012
“Excellent Tapas Restaurant”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been to Latitude 22 several times and can say categorically that it is excellent. Chef Nigel and manager Tricia are class acts and food and the service are unrivaled. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxing and the experience is authentic. The chorizo and mushrooms, pork crostini, and chili garlic prawns are must have dishes. They have an excellent selection of wines and make the best sangria that I am aware of in Hong Kong. Each time I have visited Latitude 22 it has exceeded my expectations. This place is top notch.

• Visited November 2012
29 Thank A C
Hong Kong
“Bad attitude at latitude”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Albondigas are a favourite of mine as my mom made the best ones in the world. Even though my expectations are high the ones served at this pseudo Spanish restaurant were miles off course. The fact that there wasn't even one Spanish person working there made things worse. DROP THE ATTITUDE

Visited December 2012