“Excellent Place for Light Dinner and Wine”
Review of Latitude 22 - CLOSED

Latitude 22
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Washington, DC
“Excellent Place for Light Dinner and Wine”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just visited this exceptional little restaurant - really amazing atmosphere - the place is very small (only 7 tables) and a few bar stools - but get ready to be transported to Spain! The food - awesome. Everything was very well prepared and presented. They have a good selection of Iberian wines. Try the Mahon cold appetizer! Cheers!

30 Thank Sergey_S

• Polish first
“An indulgent dining experience.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

It's all about the food at Latitude22. We have tried many dishes here several times and have never been left wanting. While some if the sauces are quite rich, Latitudes style of Spanish cuisine definitely hits the spot. Together with a modest but diverse wine selection, we have truly had a taste extravaganza when dining here.

32 Thank Stehouse
“Food with Quality - A New Favorite :)”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

In a restaurant when the partnership between Front of the House (Service and Bar) and Kitchen is working very well, the results are great food, beverage and overall service. Latitude 22 is one of the best example, the passion and dedication of Nigel(Kitchen)and Tricia (Front of the House) are amazing!!!
They managed to produce great food and drinks at a very reasonable prices. Their aim of a long term success is already at their doorstep.
I was captivated by the Crostini - "Pan Seared Paprika Pork Loin with apple cinnamon compote and black truffle cream, the tenderness of the pork and the combinations of flavors were amazing.
The "Chilli and Garlic Marinated Shrimps" with dill and citrus sour cream as the dippings, is highly reccomended from me.The flavors or the already deshelled Carabinero (Spanish Red Shrimps, if im not mistaken!) were perfect.
A must have "Garlic Marinated Beef Fillet" with white wine, caramelized onions thyme and capers. Did not even had the time to ask where the beef from as i didnt stop devouring until only the sauce is left.
The dinner was accompanied by a very nice Rioja! Again forgot to ask the grapes as i was distracted by the colorful foods. But i may say that the Rioja is a very palate friendly red wine which all wine lovers will appreciate.
If you are not paying attention to the different ingredients of the foods you are ordering you might be offended as the strong flavors will shock you, which by simply asking Tricia or Nigel for recommendation will help a lot.
The consistency of Latitude 22 will be their main asset.
Cant wait for my next visit. Advanve Booking is a must.

31 Thank Alvarro_Palacio_HK
Hong Kong, China
“Favorite Restaurant in HK by miles!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

There's a huge choice of restaurants in HK, and I went to quite a few of them, but none impressed me as much as Latitude 22. The first time I went was with a friend and we got the chefs table. How lucky we were to discover this gem, not only of a restaurant, but the best table in the place! The chef, Nigel (who was a pastry chef for the Queen!!!) gave us extra dishes on the house and tested new ideas on us too. The table seats 2 so make sure to book this one and impress ur favourite friend or loved one!

It's hard to say what my favourite dish is as I pretty much love them all! The chorizo and mushroom is devine! Have the plain flat bread with it to mop up the amazing sauce! Beef fillet with white wine sauce was so good my boyfriend and I went back two days later so we could have it again! The prawns are fat, juicy and delicious. The potatas bravass and meatballs both come with a tomoato sauce but both have a completely different flavour and are amazing! Oh, and the black pudding crostini is sooooo good! Everything is freshly made to order and the ingredients and sourced from Spain to give a truly authentic and mouthwatering experience.

I really can't recommend this place enough and the icing on top of this already masterpiece of a cake is the incredible firecracker manager! Tricia not only manages the place but also runs the front of house and behind the bar. She's so much fun and keeps a cool head even when the place is packed and customers getting demanding!

I'm so glad I found this place. It's a little gem and ticks all boxes... Incredible food, service and prices. What more can you ask for really? Well now I'm moving back to the UK, I wish they were relocating there too!!!

32 Thank biggsyboo
Wombourne
“Me gusto mucho”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

An English chef preparing Spanish cuisine in Hong Kong - Got to see this!! Our taxi driver had problems establishing exactly where this bar/restaurant was but the hostess "Trish" stood outside in the road to guide the taxi and welcome us to the small bar. The door opened directly from the pavement into the seating area, on the left could seat 6/8 covers and the along the right hand side was mainly tables for two.

The proprietor/chef Nigel introduced himself to us and talked through the menu which although Tapas in style was more generously portioned than typical Spanish tapas bars. We had Iberico ham and beautiful black pudding (which didn't have lots of the white bits that I don't like). For my main course I had fillet steak cooked to perfection, not very Spanish I know but after two weeks in China I was past food experiments. We also tried the speciality of the evening, succulent meat balls which again were perfectly cooked and presented. The wine list was limited and we have the "rioja tongue" but Nigel pointed us in the right direction and we had a nice buttery white and full bodied red.

There was a great atmosphere in this little bar and the other diners were friendly and chatted with us whilst we waited for our first course to arrive then left us in peace to enjoy our meal.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Latitude 22 to anyone who appreciates quality food prepared with imagination and served with a smile. A memorable evening.

• Visited October 2012