“Excellent services as always ”
Review of Tin Lung Heen

Ranked #17 of 13,233 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Yau Tsim Mong District
Description: Refined authentic Cantonese cuisine, traditional Dim Sum complemented with a premium variety of teas. Private rooms are available for special occasions. Experience our six-course degustation menu, showcasing the brilliant presentation and overall culinary excellence that have earned Tin Lung Heen the distinction of two Michelin stars. Discover our exceptional Hong Kong restaurant inside of The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong.
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Tin Lung Heen's staff is always helpful and sincere. It's one of my all-time favourite restaurants for romantic dinner.

Date of visit: April 2017
Matthias T, Hotel Manager at Tin Lung Heen, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear Shing Yan L

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are humble to read that Tin Lung Heen is one of your favorite restaurants for special occasions and you found our service remarkable. We look forward to welcoming you back in your next special occasion.

The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Very helpful staff. Reserved two window seats for our anniversary dinner. Fair food but exceptional service. Will surely come back in the near future. Very nice experience.

Dear Matt C

Thank you very much for celebrating your anniversary at Tin Lung Heen. I am delighted that you had a great evening and well taken care by our Ladies and Gentlemen. It was our pleasure to be part of your celebration and we look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

So I was staying at the Ritz in Hong Kong for a few days before heading on to Thailand. The concierge fit me into a last minute reservation for 7:00 that night. First, let me say that the decor is outstanding. The hotel is situated on the opposite end of HK Harbor so you have breathtaking views of HK island. Spectacular. The layout and decoration of the restaurant are great. The service is strong. Servers were attentive and explained the menu and cuisine throughly. The food was great, however next time I would opt not to enjoy the Signature Tasting menu. Although the dishes were good, there simply wasn't enough food. I would order straight off the menu which was my first thought. I think I was swept up by the servers descriptions and recommendations. Overall, a great option especially if you are staying in the hotel.

Date of visit: April 2017
Matthias T, Hotel Manager at Tin Lung Heen, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear brickpaul12,

Thank you for choosing Tin Lung Heen and staying at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the hotel ambience and were impressed with our service and food quality. Unfortunately, I am sorry to hear that the portion did not meet your expectations. Rest assured I have personally shared your valuable comments to Tin Lung Heen team for immediate review and improvement.

Thank you again for your kind words to our Ladies and Gentlemen and we look forward to welcoming you back with another lovely experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

I had high hopes for this dinner in the lovely looking and situated Tin Lung Heen.
But sadly I just didn't get the nuances of this food. I am willing to acknowledge that perhaps it was my own failing but I don't really think so. I had the Peking duck, which was tasty, followed by the Drunken Prawns in Hua Diao wine. They were so bland, even with the sauce. Not bad- just totally unmemorable. My husband had the wok fried sliced beef with yellow carrots in oyster sauce and he had the same reaction I did- very little flavor. We tried the barbecued goose which was fine but so simple. I guess I expect food that has some zing from a 2 star Michelin restaurant. This just does not deliver. Lovely ambiance, unremarkable food.

Date of visit: April 2017
Matthias T, Hotel Manager at Tin Lung Heen, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2017

Dear Eileen F

Thank you very much for your patronage at Tin Lung Heen and taking time to share your comments. It is with regret to read that you didn’t find all the dishes outstanding, which they should have been. I will take this opportunity to address your feedback with our culinary team for review. Please accept our sincere apologies that we did not fulfill your expectations. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you and back next time and provide you the fabulous dining experience you truly deserve.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed April 21, 2017

I know this place well as I grew up around this area, on land, as the building where Tin Lung Heen is at, is actually reclaim from the sea. Although I have since moved to another country, this area holds a special place in my heart.
First the location. It is very difficult to find. From the lobby of Ritz Carlton, I have lots of trouble find where this restaurant is at. Even after I exit the elevator at the right floor, I still got lost.

The set up and decoration of the place is exquisite, the change of sense corridor was well placed.
It is on the 103 floor, may be 102, and have a nice western view of the harbor, but my hotel room have a similar view but facing Victory harbor, so the wow factor is not there for me. Also at night, the western view really do not offer too much of the night light.

Food.
I was really expected to be wowed by what I was told one of the best Chinese Food in Hong Kong. Well, it was good, but not quite there.
The good. The Chinese BBQ plate was one the best I ever had. And my grandmother had taken the time to infuse the intricacy of Chinese food since we were young.
I think it was even better than that over at another Chinese Michelin restaurant in Central.
But it went down hill from there.
The abalone was void of any abalone taste. The sauce was nice and was even stronger than the abalone which I paid dearly for.
Groupa with vegetable was a pleasant dish to look at, again the Groupa has no taste. The vegetable however was very tasty, well seasoned. But the entire dish do not have the wok chi that any good Chinese food will have.
The Vegetable with young bamboo shoot wrap was again, tasteless.

I can understand a place like Ritz Carlton will want to tone down the flavor to satisfy visitor from another country that may have a different pallet.
But since we are Chinese, may be the server can tipped off the chef that this is a Chinese Table?

The tastelessness could be due to the BBQ platter being so overwhelming. Suggestion: Maybe the restaurant can offer a palate cleanser being the other courses being serve?
Or the server should suggest that based on what we ordered, we should have the BBQ platter at or towards the end of the meal?

It expensive, we paid also US$1000 for two. but as far as I am concern good food is well worth it, but it sadly it was found wanting.
So much potential, no reason why not. But they are easy fixes.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Eddie L

Dear Eddie L,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. It is with regret to read that you were not impressed with the food and I understand you felt frustrated on the restaurant location. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences. Your comments are extremely important to us and I have taken this opportunity to share with my culinary team for in-depth review and immediate rectification as we strive to provide the most memorable dining experiences to our guests. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back next time and provide you the most pleasant dining experience you next time when you return to Hong Kong.

Yours Sincerely,